• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Frugality and Unnecessarily Suffering - What's the Balance

King Belieal

Community Manager (Engagement Coordinator)
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.351705
Referral Credit
For some people, frugal living means allowing themselves to go through stress and suffering just because they don't want to incur costs.

So, you would see someone that treks a very long distance not because he or she doesn't have money but because he or she wants to save that transportation cost.

I have a friend that would rather bath outside than use his bathroom so that the soak away pit won't get full and he has to spend money reworking it.

Does frugal living mean people should stress their lives out in order to save money?

The major thing is that we should focus on is eliminating unnecessary luxury expenses and not on suffering ourselves to death when there is money in your account to help yourself. When you die, it is either the bank would take the money or your relatives would use the money and you are gone.

In some countries, citizens who are frugal and not well connected find that government agencies will rob their savings without a court order or legally valid reason after falsely labelling them a security threat without any kind of proof. So it is better to lead a lavish life.

Achieving a balanced financial life entails identifying areas where you can reduce your spending. It is essential to evaluate your expenses and eliminate those that do not bring value or contribute to your financial goals. By cutting out unneeded expenses, you can give top priority to your spending and better manage your finances.

One thing I normally do is when I am extremely hungry about a particular thing, I buy it then go back to savings. Cause the truth of the matter is that we worked hard for the money, yes it is extremely important to save and invest, but at the same time don't suffer yourself. Even the Bible says it's a blessing for a man to eat the fruits of his labour.

12,059Threads
92,988Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member