• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Going live online - Which is easier between Facebook and YouTube?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.135635
Referral Credit
Sometimes, we have events that we want to go live online. There are options between Facebook and YouTube for going live.

What is the basis by which the decision to go live on a particular platform is made? What are the intricacies of going live on Facebook and YouTube? Which one is easier?

I have observed that YouTube live is far better in terms of video quality than livestream on Facebook. I think Facebook has a lowered bit rate for their livestream. But Facebook livestream integrates with other Facebook features like Facebook pages and Facebook events.

I have never done anyone before though, but I think going live on Facebook might be easier, cause I have noticed people tend to use Facebook more.
The only reason why Facebook live seems to be popular amongst people going live is that Facebook live doesn't consume much bandwidth as much as going live on YouTube. But for quality, YouTube live is far ahead.

Why would I want to go live on Facebook when I can't monetize that livestream. YouTube allows you to monetize your livestreams through Ads and even turn it to regular videos thereafter.

When people always ask me, if you have a local target audience, it is better to go live with your events through Facebook live. YouTube live is majorly for brands that has global appeal because it's reach is wider.

Both are good for going live, but Facebook is good for slow internet connections. If you have a slower internet connection, if your internet is unstable, or if your friends have poor internet connections, then using Facebook will help you. because your followers will watch your live without any problem.

I have never been live on any platform. I have seen the going live option on Facebook while updating my status and I am sure that it's just a click away. You just need to position the camera well for better views. YouTube might be having similar options too. In both the platforms, I would say that make sure that the internet connection is good with minimal background noise interruptions for better quality broadcasting.

I have never been live on any platform. I have seen the going live option on Facebook while updating my status and I am sure that it's just a click away. You just need to position the camera well for better views. YouTube might be having similar options too. In both the platforms, I would say that make sure that the internet connection is good with minimal background noise interruptions for better quality broadcasting.
I think that you are spot on with your submissions about going live. I use a 5G mifi connection to go live. It would be better if you have a tripod stand too.

I think that you are spot on with your submissions about going live. I use a 5G mifi connection to go live. It would be better if you have a tripod stand too.
That's great. Even I have been using a 5G WiFi connection since it was launched in our country. The speed is good but not as much as we expected and as anticipated. Tripod stand is a worthy investment of you are really into video making or going live frequently.

12,060Threads
92,997Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member