• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Just a heads-up: I'll be updating the site on Saturday, September 21, 2024, around 7 PM Eastern Time. The site will be temporarily offline during this process, but I'll make sure to back everything up before starting. Thanks fords8!

Has your SIM card stopped working suddenly?

neku

Community Advocate
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
Website
freeearning.net
D Bucks
💵3.115313
Referral Credit
Usually a SIM card can be used for a long time without any problem. However, the sim card in a basic phone stopped working suddenly , it was working at 7.30 am and one hour later it stopped working suddenly. Has anyone else faced the same problem of SIM suddenly not getting detected?

I have in some cases used a sim card for many years and never had an issue with it stopping working luckily. I would imagine it may very well stop working after a long time, but a replacement is easy to get as is moving your number over too.

I have had the same sim card now for just over a year since moving the provider I was with and no issues so far.

I got a replacement SIM issued from the telecom company, but it was very inconvenient since I had to purchase a new mobile phone, and smses are disabled for 24 hours after the sim is changed.

I have never experienced a situation where a SIM card just stops working unannounced. Maybe, that could be because the SIM card is quite old and about to expire.

I also had this happen and it's crazy that it stops working by accident and it's no longer possible to fix it. I had a problem with the sim card itself and not the phone because it was very damaged so I had to replace it with a new one and managed to keep the same number

12,042Threads
92,890Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member