• Support Discussion Bucks in the Agora Referral Contest!

Join us in the Agora forums referral contest and help Discussion Bucks rise to the top! Every referral counts.

Click Here to Support Us!

Have a limit on how you want to solve family problems else you would be broke.

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.166520
Referral Credit
When it comes to having to help family members through financial challenges, it is almost like an obligation that we have to do. But you should understand that you didn't create family problems and you would not be able to solve all.

If you try to meet all family problems, you would surely get broke.

If you want to be be carrying family problems on your head, you would die and your family would bury you and continue facing the family problems. Do the one you can and leave what you can't.

When it comes to having to help family members through financial challenges, it is almost like an obligation that we have to do. But you should understand that you didn't create family problems and you would not be able to solve all.

Yes! You are right but remember that your family is all you got. Though depending whether you are talking about extended family or immediate family. If it is immediate family, you have no objection than to continue to bring money.🤣🤣🤣🤣

If you want to be be carrying family problems on your head, you would die and your family would bury you and continue facing the family problems. Do the one you can and leave what you can't.
LoL @you would die and your family would bury you and continue facing the family problems. But seriously that's the truth. Don't kill yourself over nothing

LoL @you would die and your family would bury you and continue facing the family problems. But seriously that's the truth. Don't kill yourself over nothing
But that's the truth. Family problems has never been completely solved. No one on earth has successfully solved family problems. That's how people end up getting broke even when they are working hard.

But that's the truth. Family problems has never been completely solved. No one on earth has successfully solved family problems. That's how people end up getting broke even when they are working hard.
I agree. Everything should be done with sense and in moderation. So that you don't wreck yourself in the process especially your financial life

That's true. We have our limitations and can't go over board to help family members.

This topic reminds me a friend of mine from Nigeria. He was fighting hard to reach a better condition, but at the end he always had found himself broken cause keeping on supporting John, Jerry and Jack Doe (whether family members, whether relatives, whether friends and acquaintances).

You have to really limit yourself for that. Most family members are very opportunist and would not contribute anything even if they could be having some money.
During my grandparents times, my mother saw her neighbors often broken because they insisted to help family members who got ashamed to engage in humble jobs like house cleaner (remembering that during my grandparents times the unemployment rate was near to zero) cause their previous status belonging to the high-middle class. Or they simply lack such basic skills cause a culture where the majority of the women were only housewives.

I thank God that my family are not financial liabilities to me. It is always extremely difficult for those that the family are liabilities.

I thank God that my family are not financial liabilities to me. It is always extremely difficult for those that the family are liabilities.
I'm afraid, dear friend, your family is an exception and not the rule. Unfortunately, family constitute a liability for most of the people. Among my friends and acquaintances, I can count on one hand with a few fingers to spare the families who aren't a big liability.

That is right. It is fine to offer help but it is important to set boundaries. Do not take on all of your family's problems, or you will end up stressed, sick, or worse dead. Do not put up with siblings who are lazy and unwilling to pitch in.

11,642Threads
90,713Messages
284Members
JCVLon499Latest member