• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Have you ever tried talking to a financial advisor?

klassicdoll

Opinion Leader
Wordsmith
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵4.068876
Referral Credit
I haven't talked to a financial advisor before, but I'm planning to in the near future. They say talking to a financial advisor is a great idea, especially if you have trouble deciding where to invest. However, you should only engage with a trusted financial advisor to avoid being scammed.

It is a good idea to talk to an investment expert. They study the investment terrain and can offer sound advice on the best kimds of investments that would be suitable for a person.

Though I have not talked with an actual professional but from time to time I do take advice from people I believe have more experience than me in this aspect.
That's a good thing to do. They say experience is the best teacher. Leveraging on the experience of those that have advanced financially more than you helps you to avoid the mistakes they made.

When you are going to hire a financial advisor, of course you have collected the problems that the advisor wants to solve, such as asking about the type of investment that suits your risk profile, or the type of investment that is profitable even though it carries a large risk, if you have chosen or purchased an investment instrument, for example shares, then financial The advisor will also monitor the progress of your investment, often suggesting diversification by purchasing other types of investment instruments such as mutual funds. If you choose a registered financial advisor then you don't need to be afraid of being scammed. because they only hold data, not your account or money.

I communicated with such, however, for free because he was an acquaintance of my parents and he was present at my father's birthday and I managed to ask him for some advice

Yes, that is the beauty of knowing someone in the industry. You can acquire some financial advice for free. Hehe

My husband has hired a financial advisor for some annual fees. It's quite a nominal one. He is a true professional and very good with his advices. He even manages our financial portfolio and that is a big burden off our shoulder. We do rely on him, but we make sure that we too personally track our finances from time to time and discuss our concerns with him.My husband visits the financial portfolio every week. We meet our advisor on video call or in person ( he visits our home) every 45 days to ensure that things are on track.

12,065Threads
93,016Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member