• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Just a heads-up: I'll be updating the site on Saturday, September 21, 2024, around 7 PM Eastern Time. The site will be temporarily offline during this process, but I'll make sure to back everything up before starting. Thanks fords8!

Have you ever used the pocket WiFi?

Stardom22

Veteran Member
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵4.513888
Referral Credit
Apart from the home internet services provided through the WiFi, there are small, flexible and portable internet connection devices that you can comfortably put in your pocket for a very cheap internet access with your mobile devices. Have tried out that and what was your experience like?

We don't use them anymore as network providers have created internet plans for mobile devices. But before the data allocations were initiated, I was able to use the data stick and the pocket wifi. It was convenient for people who are on the go. I am glad that today, we only need a SIM on our phones to use the internet service.

Apart from the home internet services provided through the WiFi, there are small, flexible and portable internet connection devices that you can comfortably put in your pocket for a very cheap internet access with your mobile devices. Have tried out that and what was your experience like?
I do have a small wifi device which is enough for my internet uses.

The company I get my phone plan through, has both mobile hotspot plans and a home internet plan option. The two mobile hotspot devices aren't too big, and can be mounted or placed on surfaces that you need hotspot availability. The plans go from something like 10 GB to 100 GB per month.

I still have a few pocket wifis that I use from time to time. I have about three although I do not use them all at once. I have yet to discover a small pocket wifi that has more than a 4G network and good internet speed. So I can predict that shortly they will be phased out because 4G internet is no longer a preference and most of them can only work upto on a 4G network.

12,043Threads
92,893Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member