• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Have you used voice typing? Did you face any challenge with it?

King Belieal

Community Manager (Engagement Coordinator)
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.561705
Referral Credit
I have attempted to use voice typing on my phone. The thing is that it didn't really work out for me. That's because the Voice typing app had difficulty understanding my accent. Seems developers are not bothered about training it to understand different accents.

I have attempted to use voice typing on my phone. The thing is that it didn't really work out for me. That's because the Voice typing app had difficulty understanding my accent. Seems developers are not bothered about training it to understand different accents.
I've done that in some forums but I have to review again because some words are mispelled. The difference in the pronunciation has something to do with it.

I've done that in some forums but I have to review again because some words are mispelled. The difference in the pronunciation has something to do with it.
That's because those Voice recognition software were trained in American and probably British accents. People with different accents always struggle to use voice typing.

I don't have any other option than to stay with hand typing. I think voice typing is still evolving and would accommodate diverse accents later.

12,065Threads
93,016Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member