• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

How best should we assist aged parents financially?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.135635
Referral Credit
As young people growing up, one of the biggest burdens we have to bear is taking care of our aged parents. How best can you assist your aged parents financially?

Placing him or her on a monthly pay? Or opening a business for such an aged parents?

I give my parents a share of my earnings. I also help with their groceries. And if there is a special occasion, I volunteer to pay for their meals. I can't give them much, no matter how much I want to, because my current online job is unstable. This is why I am working hard to get a better-paying job that will allow me to meet all of their needs.

We must support them as much as we can, because when we were small they look after us and taken good care of us. They were also facing limitations, sometime they were not paid but they given us their food. So we need to takecare of them as much as possible.

As young people growing up, one of the biggest burdens we have to bear is taking care of our aged parents. How best can you assist your aged parents financially?

Placing him or her on a monthly pay? Or opening a business for such an aged parents?
Aged parents cannot run a business efficiently so they have to supported financially. Those children who can't their parents lead a wretched life.

Aged parents should have a pension and the kids would just throw in a little financial support to add to their pensions. The kids also have to build a financial life for themselves.

The real burden happens when the children only count on humble jobs very poorly paid. It was an ordinary southern European mishap during my great grandparent's age. Married people having many children had to support not only their aged parents, but also their aged unmarried or childless uncles and aunts. They usually were farm laborers, very ill paid and zero workers' right at that time. No welfare existed. Usually, children lived a miserable life, forced to skip even primary school cause lack of their parent's money because schooling in south Europe was shamefully expensive and specifically dedicated to rich and wealthy people.

It depends, if they can handle a business I think it would be good. The business would keep them busy and active which would reduce the rare of depression and also act as a from of exercise. Setting up a business for them does not stop you from sending them something once in awhile.

I started earning my own money a long time ago, and so much so that I don't need my parents' help, and I can help them myself, but they simply refuse everything I want to help them with
Maybe your parents have a relationship with mine. My dad has never accepted any amount of money from me. I buy foodstuff and take to the family house occasionally. But it gets worse when you have parents that depend on you. Even my grand mom that is 70 + earns her own money and doesn't need any child or grandchild's money.

12,063Threads
93,007Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member