How can a stolen phone be tracked?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.015635
Referral Credit
My neighbour just got her phone stolen when she stepped out to get something within the compound. And she wants to track the phone to apprehend the culprit.

How are phones tracked? Which software do they use to track stolen phones? Is there any particular tech technique that can help with tracking a stolen phone?

If the phone is switched on , it is usually very easy for the police to track the phone location, they have the equipment and technology to do it. If the phone is off or dismantled, tracking may be more difficult.

Here in my country, the police identify and track a phone using the mei number, which is a number on the back of the device and also included in the device's manual.
I think the imei number is the very number that is used to track the phone and the sim card information also assit in determining the position of the phone where it's being used.

The sim card doesn't need to have any part in tracking a phone if a robust system is used. When people steal phones, they throw sim cards away. As far as the IMEI is available and the phone is on, the phone can be tracked to the particular building it is being held.

I don't know about Iphones if that's the case, if it's Android I think with your Google account you can track the location of your android mobile

12,039Threads
92,834Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member