How can you tell someone that a dish isn't tasty without offending him?

deucher

Community Advocate
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.006625
Referral Credit
I have never said something like that since I don't want to upset the person who made the lunch and invited me. I'll try not to taste it the next time, but is there any way to say it so that nobody gets offended and we can still be good friends or acquaintances?

It depends on how close you are to the person, this would help determine how they would take it or how open you should be to them. You can simply ask them if they added enough spices to it.

It depends on how close you are to the person, this would help determine how they would take it or how open you should be to them. You can simply ask them if they added enough spices to it.
I have had cases where I said this even to very close people and they were still offended, although I thought that they would accept this criticism and try to make something worse, but they were offended at me

I have had cases where I said this even to very close people and they were still offended, although I thought that they would accept this criticism and try to make something worse, but they were offended at me
It's normal human nature to feel bad though, even though they know you told them for their own good, at that moment, they would probably still feel bad.

That is a good question. I do not have a clue on what to say.

bad food throw up GIF by Steve Harvey TV

13,200Threads
99,028Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member