• Support Discussion Bucks in the Agora Referral Contest!

Join us in the Agora forums referral contest and help Discussion Bucks rise to the top! Every referral counts.

Click Here to Support Us!

How did you change your financial life for the better?

freelancermaria

Discussion Guru
Bronze Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵5.665863
Referral Credit
During the height of the pandemic, I made a conscious decision to transform my financial habits for the better. Before the pandemic, I used to spend my money recklessly on clothes and gadgets. However, the pandemic made me realize the importance of having savings and being prepared for unforeseeable circumstances. As a result, I made a commitment to save, invest, create an emergency fund, establish additional sources of income, and practice self-discipline. By making these changes, I am quite confident that I will build wealth, reduce anxiety, and minimize stress. How about you?

I was able to change my financial life the moment I took responsibility. I used to depend on my parents for handouts and my life never grew financially. I had to step out to start my business. It was difficult at first but it is paying off bit by bit.

I was able to change my financial life the moment I took responsibility. I used to depend on my parents for handouts and my life never grew financially. I had to step out to start my business. It was difficult at first but it is paying off bit by bit.

Well done, my friend! You took a brave step by starting your own business. I'm glad to see that you've finally decided to be independent and not rely on your family anymore. Kudos to you for making this big move!

Though I still have a long way to go when it comes to changing my financial life but so far I have started a small business of my own, and also working online.

Complaining on forums helped to some extent, some people took pity on me after the slavery, financial fraud was proven, and I was able to get a good price for a domain I sold, which will cover expenses for at least a few months.

My business went bankrupt and i have no option but to find employment. I find it very difficult to adapt to my new status but it now paying off. At least, i come home daily with some cash.

I am sorry to hear that. However, I am glad to know that there is a silver lining to the situation.

My business went bankrupt and i have no option but to find employment. I find it very difficult to adapt to my new status but it now paying off. At least, i come home daily with some cash.
It is good you went for an alternative. That's the way to go instead of just staying idle and doing nothing at all

Though I still have a long way to go when it comes to changing my financial life but so far I have started a small business of my own, and also working online.

That is great to hear that you started a business of your own and that you are working online. Good luck, my friend.

I think it was also during this period that I decided to change my finances because then I had a lot of time to just think about it and also read books and follow the recommendations of influential people

I did not read any books regarding improving finances. I hope I will be able to find one or have the time to read one in the future.
Post automatically merged:

To change your financial life, of course we also have to change our principles, mindset and plans. My lifestyle has not changed much, I will always live simply and differentiate between needs and desires, whether they are prestige needs or basic needs.

That is correct. We must change our mindset, plans, and principles if we want to improve our financial lives. And, same here. I now live simply. I only buy what I need.
Post automatically merged:

I changed my financial life the day I was able to change my close circle. That circle were always turning up, doing bottles competition to see who can drink alcohol better. I had to drop all those friends and embrace a new circle that influenced my financial life positively.

It is essential to surround ourselves with the right crowd, as the wrong company can have a devastating impact on our finances. Some people just want to have a good time and do not think about the consequences of not having enough money to put food on the table today, tomorrow, or in the future.

Last edited:
Working hard is all that we need to have a stable financial life. We just have to start with the changes we need to do to have better result
First of all, you need to change your thinking, because with the previous thinking, no matter how much a person works, it is unlikely that anything will change radically

First of all, you need to change your thinking, because with the previous thinking, no matter how much a person works, it is unlikely that anything will change radically
I don't get you, when you work hard towards making money you would get more. For instance now I post on different forums and I'm making more money than when I used to only post on dbucks. This makes me spend almost 7 hours online daily is that not working hard? Would it not help me make more money too?

Thankful I have a good job and the pandemic didn't terrify me on what to buy but terrify me on series of total lockdowns that triggered me to spend less.

You are fortunate, my friend. In my case, it was quite a frightening experience, and I sincerely hope that it never happens again. As I am the sole breadwinner for my family, it has been an incredibly challenging time for me.

11,642Threads
90,713Messages
284Members
JCVLon499Latest member