How did you manage your finances during the surge of the Corona Virus?

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵5.287900
Referral Credit
It's still fresh on our minds how we struggled financially and emotionally during the pandemic where millions perished because of the virus and because of that many businesses shut down because of maintenance to those who rented spaces in the malls. Many cried fowl for losing jobs. I was thankful my job continued through Work From Home. I managed my finances well, bought only daily consumptions in bulk because of constant lockdowns. Prices that time weren't as high as we have this time. What about you?

For me I recently started working on read.cash and some other online site, so I was still making money regularly. Since there was no much movement I was able to save Abit more that period while I earn online.

Despite pandemic but my salary wasn't affected, what was changed was the system to work from home. That's better than to have no work at all during the worst of time when many were retrenched from their jobs and losing people we knew because of the deadly virus.

Last edited:
I struggled to manage my finances at the time. I did not always have a job. Fortunately, I had some savings. I utilized it to get by. That's when I discovered how to save extra for a rainy day. You don't know what will happen today, tomorrow, or the next day.

I struggled to manage my finances at the time. I did not always have a job. Fortunately, I had some savings. I utilized it to get by. That's when I discovered how to save extra for a rainy day. You don't know what will happen today, tomorrow, or the next day.
Those were sacrificial and fearful years in our lives with million deaths due to virus, retrenchment, and shutting down of business. I was thankful my work wasn't affected. From onsite work to work from home. I also learned to manage my finances well.

It's still fresh on our minds how we struggled financially and emotionally during the pandemic where millions perished because of the virus and because of that many businesses shut down because of maintenance to those who rented spaces in the malls. Many cried fowl for losing jobs. I was thankful my job continued through Work From Home. I managed my finances well, bought only daily consumptions in bulk because of constant lockdowns. Prices that time weren't as high as we have this time. What about you?
I faced a very bad time during the pandemic. I lost my husband and was under financial strain though things are much better now.

I faced a very bad time during the pandemic. I lost my husband and was under financial strain though things are much better now.
Do you mean to say your husband died because he was infected with the deadly virus or a sickness? That was so painful experience. That ordeal was tough and thankful you were able to accept the fate of losing your husband.😞

Those were sacrificial and fearful years in our lives with million deaths due to virus, retrenchment, and shutting down of business. I was thankful my work wasn't affected. From onsite work to work from home. I also learned to manage my finances well.
Indeed. It was one of the most trying times of our lives. I hope things will improve soon, but I am skeptical because the prices of essential items have risen.

During the first two or three months on the pandemic, I go to the SM Hypermarket just across the apartment to buy food for 3 days. I cannot store meat because we don't have fridge. Then my brother decided to buy one. I got source of income during the surge. I only stopped for 1 month because I don't have internet in the apartment that time. We were able to buy frozen food good for 2 weeks.

Indeed. It was one of the most trying times of our lives. I hope things will improve soon, but I am skeptical because the prices of essential items have risen.
What we are facing this time is also like the feeling when the virus was at surge. We are now at a surge with the high prices of commodities and if this continues, many will be started in the coming years.

Do you mean to say your husband died because he was infected with the deadly virus or a sickness? That was so painful experience. That ordeal was tough and thankful you were able to accept the fate of losing your husband.😞
No he died of cardiac arrest and pneumonia but they lied that he had corona just to extract money from us. We passed through a very bad phase.

Sorry to hear about your loss. It's the same here in my country those sick of flu were considered corona virus cause. The hospitals were full of cheats.
Especially the private hospitals who just made hey and the government hospitals just neglected the patients and killed them.

Especially the private hospitals who just made hey and the government hospitals just neglected the patients and killed th
It's also true here. Patients not infected with corona virus but hospitalised were charge as virus infected so they were burned like garbage 😭.

It's also true here. Patients not infected with corona virus but hospitalised were charge as virus infected so they were burned like garbage 😭.
Really it was a pathetic situation in India which makes me shiver whenever I remember it.

Really it was a pathetic situation in India which makes me shiver whenever I remember it.
Those were the most terrifying years in the history of diseases caused by the deadly virus. It shook the world, bankrupted many businesses, and made my country borrow huge money in billion to the World Bank.

12,039Threads
92,835Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member