• Only 2 Weeks Left! Help Discussion Bucks Win the $200 Prize!

We need just 3 more referrals to qualify for the $200 prize in the Agora forums referral contest. Your support is crucial—every referral counts!

Click Here to Support Us!

How do crypto exchanges decide the tokens they will list?

neku

Community Advocate
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
Website
freeearning.net
D Bucks
💵2.740313
Referral Credit
Many of the smaller exchanges only have a limited number of crypto tokens , usually 30-40. These exchanges may not have Litecoin, which is popular among forum members, yet have Shibu Inu, and other less popular tokens. What are the criteria used by exchanges to select the tokens they list?

Until now, I have never encountered a crypto exchange that only has crypto types under 50 coins and tokens. It is possible that the exchange has just been established, or does not have sufficient capital, so they are very selective in choosing crypto and it depends on member requests.

Some of the indian exchanges have less than 50 tokens/coins and they also charge maintenance fees to users who are not active traders. Yet since Binance and other exchanges are blocked, indian citizens have to use these exchanges.

I do not think that WazirX has a tie up with Binance now, there was some dispute according to media reports. I have to submit all documents again to wazirx for KYC , including photos of the documents, so I decided to try other exchanges. Now the indian exchange I got KYC approved does not have litecoin.

I think the two criteria that crypto exchanges use to list crypto is majorly based on the technology behind the crypto project and the value proposition it offers. Renowned exchanges also look at the team behind the crypto project and it's expertise in Blockchain technology.

11,944Threads
92,353Messages
285Members
BorisKirwaLatest member