How do you deal with braggarts?

I met someone who kept on bragging so I tried to brag too on his face and he stopped bragging after that. I've learned that it wasn't true that he has a car. I told him to ride on his car but the truth he doesn't have so I invited him to get inside my car but he refused. After that he never bragged again.

I have a male friend that brag a lot. I see it as a childish way of talking down on others. He doesn't see anything wrong with this. How can we handle such people?
I had a class mate in high school who loves to brag a lot, and i start to ignore him when he starts any conversations and after that if stopes to talk to me, it makes me tired to hear when some one brags non stop.

I had a class mate in high school who loves to brag a lot, and i start to ignore him when he starts any conversations and after that if stopes to talk to me, it makes me tired to hear when some one brags non stop.
Same here I can't stand braggarts. They just talk a lot of imagery things I just ignore them.

Same here I can't stand braggarts. They just talk a lot of imagery things I just ignore them.
Yeah some times they don't even think about what they are saying and they don't worry if some one will judge them or not, they just start bragging non stop, and it needs to be stoped.

Yeah some times they don't even think about what they are saying and they don't worry if some one will judge them or not, they just start bragging non stop, and it needs to be stoped.
Yeah it seems they live their lives for others impression of them because I don't understand the logic behind such habit.

Yeah it seems they live their lives for others impression of them because I don't understand the logic behind such habit.
True, they are trying to show you what they have, and the thing is they don't get happiness by the thing they have unless they talk about it and they bragging don't stop.

True, they are trying to show you what they have, and the thing is they don't get happiness by the thing they have unless they talk about it and they bragging don't stop.
You got that right. I think they find fulfilment only what they go on a bragging spree but it is quite childish.

You got that right. I think they find fulfilment only what they go on a bragging spree but it is quite childish.
You are right bragging is a childish thing, i remember my little brother brags when he get a new toys. the best thing to do is just ignore them.

I have a male friend that brag a lot. I see it as a childish way of talking down on others. He doesn't see anything wrong with this. How can we handle such people?
Bragging is a second nature and return Bragging only worsen the situation. It's better to make the person realize that he is being a braggart.

You could politely tell them about it and if there is no change or at least an effort to change, then it would be best to just ignore or tune them out whenever they start.

You are right bragging is a childish thing, i remember my little brother brags when he get a new toys. the best thing to do is just ignore them.
Yeah if you can just move away from them, let them brag to themselves

Yeah if you can just move away from them, let them brag to themselves
Agree, let them brag to themselves, some times i want to show them what i have and brag about what i have and what i am capable of and i think that why would i do that if i do that then i wouldn't be different from them.

Agree, let them brag to themselves, some times i want to show them what i have and brag about what i have and what i am capable of and i think that why would i do that if i do that then i wouldn't be different from them.
Doing same wouldn't make one different from them. You just have to move away from them

I wait and see if their boasts are true, and I hold them accountable to the version of themselves that they paint. If they are blatantly lying, I call them out on their lies.

Usually few people can live up to their boasts, so me holding them accountable eventually inspires them to quit because it's too much effort to hold up the facade.

13,040Threads
98,107Messages
304Members
bhagvatprasadamLatest member