• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

How does WhatsApp make money?

King Belieal

Community Manager (Engagement Coordinator)
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.351705
Referral Credit
I often ponder how apps like WhatsApp make money? They don't have ads like most other apps. Or could it be that they have sponsors who donate to them.

How does WhatsApp make money? I believe that a fantastic app like that needs to have a source of income.

Not so sure though, I believe there are definitely different ways to they achieve this, but one of them is through ads. Whatsapp make money when they help you advertise your business or products, especially with the business Whatsapp.

I often ponder how apps like WhatsApp make money? They don't have ads like most other apps. Or could it be that they have sponsors who donate to them.

How does WhatsApp make money? I believe that a fantastic app like that needs to have a source of income.
The app is used by many scammers which is why, it was banned from the Philippines years ago and now it is back in operation. It is where business-minded individuals transact business using the app because it is free. It seems like a hideout for every individual dealing with money-making.

I am hoping that the ads they want to integrate into WhatsApp won't affect the user experience of the instant messenger. We have had it all good all this while. It shouldn't be diluted by monetization even though I understand it is a business and they need to make money.

Facebook also known as Meta is the parent company of Whatsapp, so I would say Whatsapp is an extension of the services that Meta has. When a user signs up on Facebook and WhatsApp then one advantage is that they can gain access to have a competitive advantage as to what their online activities are. They simply monitor your online activities through cookies and so on professionally as they put it. They will also keep on promoting some new features that they are introducing especially on Whatsapp business . Whatsapp's estimated business revenue daily is about $23.8million.

12,060Threads
92,989Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member