How does workers’ motivation affect productivity?

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵5.047550
Referral Credit
How does workers’ motivation affect productivity? If feeling worried about the performance of your workers, then there is something you have to resolve. It might be five years already that they have not received a salary increment. It is one important thing that could motivate your workers. They are always willing to work harder if given the chance to get a salary increase, especially this time when all pricess of commodities are soaring nonstop. Another is simple praise as recognition to the hard-working worker who does not care about doing overtime without pay just to finish what is asked of him or her by the boss. As a business owner, you must always plot something that motivates your workers. Your workers are not stones.

Last edited:
You're correct. If you do not recognize your employees' efforts, they will get demotivated. That's what happened to me. I've been with my current employer for nearly 5 years and promised to increase my wage but have yet to do so.

You're correct. If you do not recognize your employees' efforts, they will get demotivated. That's what happened to me. I've been with my current employer for nearly 5 years and promised to increase my wage but have yet to do so.
What a bad employer liar. He should not promise a salary increase if there's no intention to. He's postponing it thinking you don't mind. Better you resigned.

Last edited:
Work output is directly correlated to motivation. If workers are motivated through increase in salary and other incentives, there is possibility of increased output. As it is now, a lot of companies are exploiting their workforce tò maximize profit. It is quite unfortunate.
Post automatically merged:

What a bad employer liar. He should not a salary increase if there's no intention to. He's postponing it thinking you don't mind. Better you resigned.
Resignation is not an option except if you have another opportunity elsewhere. The rate of unemployment is high and the economy is biting harder. The best way to go is to have second side hustling to supplement the salary for now.

Work output is directly correlated to motivation. If workers are motivated through increase in salary and other incentives, there is possibility of increased output. As it is now, a lot of companies are exploiting their workforce tò maximize profit. It is quite unfortunate.
Post automatically merged:

Resignation is not an option except if you have another opportunity elsewhere. The rate of unemployment is high and the economy is biting harder. The best way to go is to have second side hustling to supplement the salary for now.
I think @freelancermaria resigned years ago and is now engaging a business of her own. It's true that resignation is not an option, it's good to wait for the right time for the company to increase salaries. The management might also have problems of sales growth.

A staff that is not properly motivated can't give his or her best to the business. Any staff that doesn't work with his mind is worse than not having someone to fulfil that role at all.
Yes, so true, employees will not be inspired and motivated to work in a business whose boss is so insensitive and greedy. The role of the employees to work harder will not be attained because they are degraded and denied of their privileges as workers.

One thing about we humans is that we like to feel needed, or treated as someone valuable. When workers are treated this way, you won't have to force them before they make up their mind to give you the very best.

If workers are motivated, they will be inspired to work harder even without the supervision of the business owner. They will never be inspired if not motivated except to those who are committed.
Even those that are committed need motivation to remain committed. When they're poorly motivated by poor pay, their commitment level reduces to the very minimum. Bosses have to constantly do more to motivate.

Even those that are committed need motivation to remain committed. When they're poorly motivated by poor pay, their commitment level reduces to the very minimum. Bosses have to constantly do more to motivate.
That could possibly happen, humans as they are cannot avoid such feelings. The time comes when they realize their need for salary increases and other incentives worth for them to receive.

12,012Threads
92,712Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member