• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

How easy is it for a young business owner to work with staff that are far older than him or her?

King Belieal

Community Manager (Engagement Coordinator)
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.351705
Referral Credit
They say that age is just a number. Quite true though. But this number affects so many things. For some of us that started the entrepreneurial journey quite at an early age. It becomes difficult for some of us to work with staff who are older than us. When you have a staff who is 10 years older than you, it becomes dicey.

How can a business person handle staff that are way older than him or her in terms of controlling them without seeming insulting?

It depends on the business owner, I have seen younger persons lead older people, the ones that are well mannered usually talk to these older ones with respect and give them the respect as at when due, but when it comes to work, though they still respect them but they do not compromise. On the other hand, some just simply set an age limit.

When you now have to be careful as a boss so that you don't disrespect him or her when giving instructions. It is not comfortable for me as a business leader. If you are older than me, you don't have to be my subordinate.

12,059Threads
92,986Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member