• Support Discussion Bucks in the Agora Referral Contest!

Join us in the Agora forums referral contest and help Discussion Bucks rise to the top! Every referral counts.

Click Here to Support Us!

How much did you spend or would you spend on your marriage ceremony?

King Belieal

Community Manager (Engagement Coordinator)
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵1.220705
Referral Credit
For most people, they have always dreamt to have a very big wedding that others would envy. That would involve huge financial resources.

How much did you spend on your wedding? For the unmarried, how much would you spend on your wedding?

I basically only spent for the ticket for the flight to go to my future husband's country to marry. I yet had the dress, a simple but elegant white summerish dress. The shoes and other accessory, good for a civil ceremony as the dress, I yet had too. My husband purchased the wedding rings and his family purchased the wedding meal. And it was all. My husband comes from a poor family and during the times of our wedding he couldn't do more than that. In my case, coming from a middle-class family, I wanted to spare as much as possible to not get rid of important expenses during the marriage (for ex., medical expenses, my second degree, postgrads), or worse, to not starve cause a marriage party that the day after is gone. The important thing is the couple who marries, not the party. In my opinion, that money should be used for the couple's needs and the children, if the couple will have.

Not that much because i have a life to live after that celebration
Yes, of course! There is no sense to get indebted and carry on worrying about how to meet ends month after month after the marriage because the couple lacks the money spent for a ceremony that lasts only one day.

I basically only spent for the ticket for the flight to go to my future husband's country to marry. I yet had the dress, a simple but elegant white summerish dress. The shoes and other accessory, good for a civil ceremony as the dress, I yet had too. My husband purchased the wedding rings and his family purchased the wedding meal. And it was all. My husband comes from a poor family and during the times of our wedding he couldn't do more than that. In my case, coming from a middle-class family, I wanted to spare as much as possible to not get rid of important expenses during the marriage (for ex., medical expenses, my second degree, postgrads), or worse, to not starve cause a marriage party that the day after is gone. The important thing is the couple who marries, not the party. In my opinion, that money should be used for the couple's needs and the children, if the couple will have.
I am really impressed with how you were able to apply modesty in your marriage. So you are married accross borders. Do you bother telling us the country your husband is from. I would surely adopt your model when the right man comes along.

Yes, I too believe 60 people is a huge crowd. If it were in both my former and current countries, a ceremony with a guest list of 60 people would be terribly expensive and the couple would get very indebted...
A guest list of 60 is very modest, unless you want to cut out some of your family members off the ceremony.

A guest list of 60 is very modest, unless you want to cut out some of your family members off the ceremony.
I'm understanding it's very dependable, according to the culture of each country (better said, of each city, as it's used to happen in my former country). Unfortunately, in the southern area of my former country and in some Latin American areas it exists abusive relatives that force one of the spouses (usually the future in-law) to spend above his/her means. So it becomes desirable to cut out such abusive relatives.
In any way, if it were in my former country, it's fairly impossible to see a 60 people family😁

I'm understanding it's very dependable, according to the culture of each country (better said, of each city, as it's used to happen in my former country). Unfortunately, in the southern area of my former country and in some Latin American areas it exists abusive relatives that force one of the spouses (usually the future in-law) to spend above his/her means. So it becomes desirable to cut out such abusive relatives.
In any way, if it were in my former country, it's fairly impossible to see a 60 people family😁
In my country, extended families are closely knitted and they must attend such an occasional. A guest list of 60 is reasonable considering that.

I imagine knitted means very affectionate each other (sorry, reverso context wasn't able to translate in context this time :ROFLMAO:). It's really a luck. Such a fortune often lacks among families in the Western countries, especially in the southern areas, where people are often engaged in family wars or eager to financially explore their relatives:cry:

For most people, they have always dreamt to have a very big wedding that others would envy. That would involve huge financial resources.

How much did you spend on your wedding? For the unmarried, how much would you spend on your wedding?
My father spend on my marriage and I don't know the correct amount. However I think he spent quite a big amount.

11,643Threads
90,714Messages
284Members
JCVLon499Latest member