How much do parents spend on snacks everyday on school kids in your country?

King Belieal

Community Manager (Engagement Coordinator)
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.931705
Referral Credit
My married neighbour just casually said it that she spends an equivalent of $2 everyday on snacks for the 4 year old son to go to school. I did the maths and realized it is $40 a month for just snacks for one child to school.

How much can one spend daily on snacks for a child in your country?

The amount parents spend on their kids depends on what the kids usually buy. Nowadays, everything is considered more expensive, so parents may allocate $2 to $3 for their younger children. However, for teenagers, the budget is likely to increase significantly.

I know that $2 is just for basic snacks. If the parent wants to pamper the child to school, they would end up spending up to $4 in a single day .

I don't know how much but my nieces in the elementary level usually have $ 2 a day. There's free snacks in the university canteen the kids only. Those in high school and college, my nieces and nephews receive$ 12 per day.

From 2 to 5$ is more or less what is usually spent in my country on snacks for children for school, more than that is too much I think.

But I feel that a whopping $5 on snacks alone is very much. It should be curtailed and minimized. And it is best to stand well before having a child.

12,099Threads
93,235Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member