How old are your devices and how much do they cost in your countries?

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
D Bucks
💵1.388275
Referral Credit
In Latin America, especially Argentina (and in any way the biggest Mercosur countries), devices face shameful prices. They use to cost, comparing the cost of life between countries, ten times more than in European countries. For ex., an Italian colleague of mine purchased an Asus Duo for a few thousand euros, while in my country it costs 40K reais (my small business needs 10 years to accumulate such an amount, while an Asus Duo in Italy costs like 3 minimum salaries). So I use to stick with my older devices, even having purchased 2 cheap netbooks in the last years (to not explore them, so letting them last as time passes by, I put them to rest for fairly long periods) cause studying and working reasons. My older devices count respectively 13, 12, 11 and 10 years (one of them, purchased in the beginning of 2012, doesn't serve for almost anything anymore, out of a short browsing). The older one is an Asus Seashell line and needed a repairing. The other two are Toshibas and I still can work and study with them (until they don't freeze, so I need to use the newer ones in such a case). One of the Toshibas became a Linuxian and both of them lost the functionality of any hardware, needing an external keyboard. I think the use of my old devices is sparing lifespan of my newer netbooks, letting them to last longer.

I have laptops 12 years, 6 years, and three years old and they are all functionable. They are in good condition, however, there are times I like to buy a new laptop. My new laptop is Huawei brand and I like it. The first is Compac and the second is Acer.

Unfortunately, in my country it's never advisable to purchase whatever goods (and especially technology devices) from abroad. Our customhouse is very severe and it often doesn't release goods coming from abroad. So customers lose the money they spent for the purchasing and they cannot have the new device from abroad. That becomes stuck in the customhouse (nor high duty costs help). The point is government and institutions frown upon whatever relationship of the population with everything from abroad (since employment and jobs to perform in favor of a foreign company or customer to the commerce). All we purchase and we sell, should be purchased and sold into our territory, unfortunately.

Due to corruption in the internet sector, with the government falsely claiming that their employees are working online, for the last few years I can only afford to purchase cheap or second hand items. I was using used desktops costing approximately $100, and the phones I use also cost less then $78 . After the desktop stopped working, I was told to purchase an assembled computer costing $150 , but it is malfunctioning.

12,012Threads
92,712Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member