• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Just a heads-up: I'll be updating the site on Saturday, September 21, 2024, around 7 PM Eastern Time. The site will be temporarily offline during this process, but I'll make sure to back everything up before starting. Thanks fords8!

How soon before electric cars become mainstream in your country?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.055635
Referral Credit
It is like the next wave of technology in locomotives would be electric vehicles.

It is meant to replace methane powered combustible vehicles. Some countries have already adopted electric vehicles although adopted and are using electric vehicles although they are not mainstream.

Do you have electric vehicles in your country? How long do you think it would take for it to go mainstream?

For my country, I am yet to see even one electric vehicle. It might take the next 15 years for electric vehicles to go mainstream in my country.

I think I have heard about that here. I think we have but as you say it is also not yet mainstream. I think electric vehicles is good for our environment and uses renewable energy resources. I got interested about that and I may read more news about that technology.

For me i believe it still has a long way though. At the moment, in most parts of my country there is no constant electricity, hence people would have to rely on generators but at the moment the cost of petro is on the high, then there are no professional hands to repair of maintain such kind of cars here in the country.

For me i believe it still has a long way though. At the moment, in most parts of my country there is no constant electricity, hence people would have to rely on generators but at the moment the cost of petro is on the high, then there are no professional hands to repair of maintain such kind of cars here in the country.
I just read a news today that some huge numbers of trains in Nigeria are going to be powered by electricity. I can't say how true that would be. If it is true and it is implemented, Nigeria might just transition to electric cars sooner than anyone projects.

Well, it is trying to be implemented here, albeit mixed on implementation. Going all electric in a country where you have long distances to travel, not everyone has the time to remember to charge cars for long range driving, and might forget to check for the closest charging station. Even then, not enough charging stations are available to do much with it, and most brands of electric cars take awhile to charge, even with the fast charging stations. I doubt people would want to be stuck in one place in the middle of traveling for vacationing or to see family, when getting gas/petrol is generally more available and faster to obtain.

Well, it is trying to be implemented here, albeit mixed on implementation. Going all electric in a country where you have long distances to travel, not everyone has the time to remember to charge cars for long range driving, and might forget to check for the closest charging station. Even then, not enough charging stations are available to do much with it, and most brands of electric cars take awhile to charge, even with the fast charging stations. I doubt people would want to be stuck in one place in the middle of traveling for vacationing or to see family, when getting gas/petrol is generally more available and faster to obtain.
That means even in a tier 1 country like yours, it would still be difficult to go fully electric cars. I heard some countries like Germany are planning to phase out gas\ petrol cars in the next five years. I don't even see that being feasible. Electric cars is the future but it's a distant future.

Electric motors are already running in my country. This time they're used for short distances considering the charging stations. It's better for the operators to calculate the number of electric motors to match with the number of charging stations. Soon it becomes the mainstream in my country if many acquire this kind.

It is already in my country but i doubt that it will be so soon. I think it will take like few years from now. My country is oil producing state and there is so much dependence on oil and gas. Presently, there is a company in Nigeria that have started producing electric cars.

In my country there are a lots of electric cars, and peoples are buying them because of the price compared with a fule consumption, but for me electric cars are hard to trust, since we don't have charging station in a long roads i get scared, what if the charge runout in the middle of nowhere.

Yes, electric cars are already running here in my country. But for me, it is much more efficient to use gasoline cars or motors because you have nothing to worry about when your destination is too far, and when you run out of fuel, there are a lot of fuel stations where you can replenish.

Electric vehicles are being advertised extensively and some electric cars are being sold at present. However, the sales of electric two wheelers is far higher , it will take some time for the car sales to increase.

Each time I head out I tend to see more electric cars on the road but also in car parks charging too. At the moment, the power grid is struggling due to the demand with how many are charging their cars and I don't think I have seen as many power cuts as we have been having ever in my life.

Electric cars will continue to become popular but whether the power grid can handle it is another story.

I already have a lot of cars and electric cars are really popular among young people and most of these cars are Teslas, but it was not long and now I am observing such a trend that many people do not want an electric car because of many disadvantages
What are the possible disadvantages that might make them not to want electric cars. Does it have to do with the ability to charge electric cars?

12,042Threads
92,869Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member