• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Just a heads-up: I'll be updating the site on Saturday, September 21, 2024, around 7 PM Eastern Time. The site will be temporarily offline during this process, but I'll make sure to back everything up before starting. Thanks fords8!

How to make a desktop or laptop faster?

neku

Community Advocate
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
Website
freeearning.net
D Bucks
💵3.095313
Referral Credit
I find that the desktop and laptop which I have are extremely slow, especially when online, wasting a lot of time. Since I do not want to purchase a new computer, is there any way I can increase the speed of my desktop/laptop quickly?

One common way I know is that there should always be enough space. Most times we tend to overload our laptops with too much things, this usually cause the laptop to slow down or lag.

Try to replace your HHD (hard disk) with SSD (solid state hard disk); it makes your computer faster and can run faster, but if you are not planning to buy anything, then try to free up some spaces on the hard disk and uninstall unwanted softwires which is running in background, You can see which software is running in background by opening "task manager."

I think that if the computer is very old, nothing will help it. However, one of the methods is to clean everything and start from the beginning, that is, to configure all programs, because in this way you can delete files you do not need, as well as hidden viruses

12,042Threads
92,869Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member