• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Just a heads-up: I'll be updating the site on Saturday, September 21, 2024, around 7 PM Eastern Time. The site will be temporarily offline during this process, but I'll make sure to back everything up before starting. Thanks fords8!

How to persuade your spouse to be economical?

freelancermaria

Discussion Guru
Bronze Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.537063
Referral Credit
If you're married, how can you persuade your partner to be frugal? Some married couples dispute about living a more practical lifestyle. It's either the husband or the woman. I know a married couple that struggles to live frugally. Even though they do not have enough money in the bank, the wife refuses to be told what they should do with their finances. To be honest, I think it's outrageous. If you were the husband, what would you do?

I think you should let them taste what it means to waste resources. By the time you cut off their access to funds and let them dry up what they have, I believe next time they will be more reasonable.

If I have such a kind of husband, I would leave him to be and block him from accessing any of my bank accounts. If his extravagance is affecting his financial responsibility to the family, I divorce.

Same here. Dealing with people who put a strain on your finances and mental health can be a real challenge. Personally, I do not have the time or patience to tolerate such individuals in my life. And, yes! Divorce is the solution. LOL
Post automatically merged:

I think you should let them taste what it means to waste resources. By the time you cut off their access to funds and let them dry up what they have, I believe next time they will be more reasonable.

That can be a possible solution. Let them experience what it is like to have inadequate money. However, if splurging on lavish or unnecessary things has been their habit ever since, it might be a bad habit to break.

I am not the kind of person that would allow someone else to use their unguardedness to spoil my own life. It is so mentally draining having to cope with an adult that doesn't have financial intelligence and is reckless with finances. I chase such people out of my life.

12,043Threads
92,893Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member