• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Just a heads-up: I'll be updating the site on Saturday, September 21, 2024, around 7 PM Eastern Time. The site will be temporarily offline during this process, but I'll make sure to back everything up before starting. Thanks fords8!

How to Reduce Your Grocery Spending During Inflation

freelancermaria

Discussion Guru
Bronze Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.532563
Referral Credit
I am in charge of grocery shopping, so I know if prices have increased or not. I decided to reduce my grocery shopping expenditures because inflation has made everything more expensive. To do this, I chose to lessen my meat consumption, as red meat is real expensive here! Sometimes I am surprised at how much I pay for half a kilo of pork meat. In addition, I use cash most of the time to minimize overspending, avoid pre-packaged foods, go for generic brands, and occasionally prepare my own cleaning products at home. How about you?

Actually, I seldom reduce my grocery spending. There are only two people at home, sometimes my other sister comes, but she also has business. My sister who's with me is a bank teller. We consume less.
Good for you. I am doing this to save extra money and because my online work is now unstable. Hehe

Good for you. I am doing this to save extra money and because my online work is now unstable. Hehe
Do business online as a merchant of Shopee. Inquire from @Shavkat how he did it. He's a merchant there and earn profitably.

Inflation is a harsh reality and it does pinch. I don't cut down on things that are healthy. We need to eat healthy and well for a good life and to be active and productive to earn more. I plan meals well and shop accordingly. I don't buy too much. Go for bigger packs for things that I use more. That helps to save when we buy in bulk. Keep checking my pantry regularly so that I don't let anything go waste and don't order something that is still there behind on the shelf and away from my sight. I make most of the meals simple and healthy at home

Even though inflation has raised the price of all goods, I have never reduced my grocery spending, I always eat outside the house, meaning I don't cook, I even order coffee from a shop. When inflation occurs, I need to reduce visits to expensive restaurants.

The reality of the inflation is that expenses must be reduced and that can only be achieved when you consciously take measures to identify expenses that are not a necessary for you. Not all groceries bought are necessities and could be avoided.

Do business online as a merchant of Shopee. Inquire from @Shavkat how he did it. He's a merchant there and earn profitably.
Wow. I will try to contact him but I guess he is not active here? I do not see his name pop up on this forum website.
Post automatically merged:

I think this high inflation on goods only affects my country but I now realize it is totally general
Yes, it is happening all over the world and it is quite frustrating, especially if your job is quite unstable.

Inflation is a harsh reality and it does pinch. I don't cut down on things that are healthy. We need to eat healthy and well for a good life and to be active and productive to earn more. I plan meals well and shop accordingly. I don't buy too much. Go for bigger packs for things that I use more. That helps to save when we buy in bulk. Keep checking my pantry regularly so that I don't let anything go waste and don't order something that is still there behind on the shelf and away from my sight. I make most of the meals simple and healthy at home
You are right, we should not limit ourselves to things that are good for our minds and bodies. And, making simple meals is a good idea. It will help you save money on ingredients.

Even though inflation has raised the price of all goods, I have never reduced my grocery spending, I always eat outside the house, meaning I don't cook, I even order coffee from a shop. When inflation occurs, I need to reduce visits to expensive restaurants.
Good for you. It can be hard for those people who do not earn that much.

Wow. I will try to contact him but I guess he is not active here? I do not see his name pop up on this forum website.

Yes, it is happening all over the world and it is quite frustrating, especially if your job is quite unstable.
@Shavkat is inactive, he's active ob Mylot. Message him in the private box. Never mention you message him in commenting, that's one ground for banning in Mylot. Good luck to you.

The reality of the inflation is that expenses must be reduced and that can only be achieved when you consciously take measures to identify expenses that are not a necessary for you. Not all groceries bought are necessities and could be avoided.
That is correct. Self-discipline is the key. We should avoid buying unnecessary things that we'll end up regretting later.

I think this high inflation on goods only affects my country but I now realize it is totally general
Nope, it's everywhere. Over here there are even some places currently going on riot over the price of food right now.

it is to spend wisely just go for only what you can afford and cut down on other expenses to save money

We must practice self-discipline and avoid buying unnecessary items to save money. :)

I live alone and buy only for myself, so it is not difficult for me to reduce purchases if necessary. I buy almost every day, but in small portions, but you can buy in bulk to make it cheaper

Living alone has its advantages, especially when it comes to budgeting and saving money. Personally, I spend most of my time alone, and it's convenient for me because I don't have to worry about anyone else's needs or feel uncomfortable asking them to cut back on expenses. It's much easier to manage my finances this way, and I can focus on my own financial goals without a hitch. .

Inflation started years ago and despite no reduction made of our expenditures we were able to survive. What to do is have extra income online to continue spending what we used to for food.

Yes, and it is not going to end anytime soon. This is why we must look for ways to increase our income to keep up.

12,042Threads
92,890Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member