• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

How Your Thoughts and Feelings Are Affected by Money

klassicdoll

Opinion Leader
Wordsmith
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵4.068876
Referral Credit
A study on the relationship between wealth and behavior has shown that, regardless of one's financial situation, money may have a significant and oftentimes unconscious impact on one's ideas and behavior. Inequality and differentiation among individuals result from the majority of current research's measurement of wealth, which is based on socioeconomic circumstances, work status, educational attainment, and intergenerational wealth.

Thoughts on this?

This is actually pretty true as I have seen so many instances where the absence and presence of wealth has changed a lot of individuals in how they eat, how they dress and even how they think.

This is actually pretty true as I have seen so many instances where the absence and presence of wealth has changed a lot of individuals in how they eat, how they dress and even how they think.

It is indeed a fact that quite a few individuals who have accumulated a considerable amount of wealth have made major changes in their way of life. These may include changes in their eating habits, their clothing choices, their interactions with others, and many others.

I want to believe these people were that bad naturally but money brought out who they are really are. It's not the money perse but their character

I want to believe these people were that bad naturally but money brought out who they are really are. It's not the money perse but their character
Yes you are right, but at the same time we should also understand that money has the ability to influence and corrupt minds that are not matured enough to control it.

There is a natural temperament that we all are born with. That's the innate nature and is not much effected by our outer surroundings and circumstances. But definitely our behaviour and mindset is a reflection of our socio economic condition in a large way. Our upbringing, exposure, interactions with various people, lifestyle etc has a lot of dependency on our economic conditions. And they all come together in different ways to shape who actually we are, how we behave and react to different situations. It comes so naturally that we would hardly notice it.

Yes you are right, but at the same time we should also understand that money has the ability to influence and corrupt minds that are not matured enough to control it.
You have a point there too. Some people allow having money to their heads and they start misbehaving which is appalling

You have a point there too. Some people allow having money to their heads and they start misbehaving which is appalling
Exactly, especially the young generation today,I think it is more of peer pressure for them.

That is a valid point. We see people staying unchanged even when they get a lot of money. They are humble and down to earth. But then we have cases where people change with their economic status. They wear their money on their sleeves. They become rude and arrogant. Rightly said that money and power can corrupt.

It is not uncommon to see individuals who have risen from humble beginnings to great wealth changing their attitudes and behavior. Some of these individuals exhibit traits such as arrogance, entitlement, and boasting, and may consider themselves as superior to others due to their newfound wealth.

@freelancermaria . And there are others too who never forget their humble beginning and the struggle to start with. They stay humble throughout their life despite their richness. I have seen such people in my friends and family. And we still feel the warmth and friendliness when we meet them.
On the other hand, we have few who change with a little money and power. They start with the fake show off and it is annoying to be around them

Yes, one influence is that of the peer pressure. They would always push one to do things they wouldn't on their own do.
Like the increase of scamming, and as someone would call it yahoo. A lot of young ones are now into it cause they feel it is the best and only way to make good money.

Like the increase of scamming, and as someone would call it yahoo. A lot of young ones are now into it cause they feel it is the best and only way to make good money.
Yesh and they are most times push into it by their friends and peers. even when they know it is wrong.

Yesh and they are most times push into it by their friends and peers. even when they know it is wrong.
It all still boils down to their greed and impatience to do the right thing and make money legitimately.

12,063Threads
93,007Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member