Iraq Proposes Bill Allowing 9-year-old Girls to be Married

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵7.223050
Referral Credit
According to the report, Iraq's parliament is considering a bill that would put personal laws in the control of religious jurists and thereby allow girls as young as 9 years old to get married. The bill is part of a larger trend where hardliners try to boost their religious credentials by limiting women's rights.

How bad is the picture of the Iraqi society allowing a kid to marry at age 9. It is insane and many countries are not happy with that kind of law but it happens in the Islamic world. They intend to do it for a reform to have them dominate. But what will happen to a young child's life and her education and foremost her happiness?

Prophet Muhammad married Aisha at the age of six but Muhammad was 56 years old, insanity.

Watch the full coverage of the report via the YouTube link.

Hmmm, a girl that is just 9 to marry. So het vision and goal in life is just marriage nothing else
There is no menstruation yet to that child and she will never experience her childhood. She will lost her virginity at a wrong age. What a shame to the world.

There is no menstruation yet to that child and she will never experience her childhood. She will lost her virginity at a wrong age. What a shame to the world.
Those people love virgins so much. They can give up anything to have virgins. It seems it is difficult to see virgins to get married if the girls grow older, so they rather forcefully marry them at 9 and use that privilege to tear their hymens apart.

Those people love virgins so much. They can give up anything to have virgins. It seems it is difficult to see virgins to get married if the girls grow older, so they rather forcefully marry them at 9 and use that privilege to tear their hymens apart.
That's cruelty but it is their law. No one gets jailed. Dunno if a child likes to resist young marriage. It might happen only to royal Iraquiz. They could offer huge dowry.Well, it's their culture.

Mate, this is disheartening. What's the world turning into. Soon this baby girl would be made a mother

Mate, this is disheartening. What's the world turning into. Soon this baby girl would be made a mother
That is the culture of the Iraqis as being approved by the whole population to let a 9-year-old girl marry. That is the culture of some Muslims in the world even in my country.

This is outrageous. It is heartbreaking to think that such things are allowed to happen. Allowing 9-year-olds to get married shatters their future. 9-year-olds should be attending school, playing, and enjoying their childhood.

This is outrageous. It is heartbreaking to think that such things are allowed to happen. Allowing 9-year-olds to get married shatters their future. 9-year-olds should be attending school, playing, and enjoying their childhood.
Let us imagine when we were 9 years old, innocent and we only wanted to play and felt happy when there were new toys. What kind of law is that? It should be opposed by the Iraqui mothers.

It seems paedophilia is embedded in the core of some cultures. I won't want to talk before it turns religious banter. But what do these particular people see in a 9 year old girl's body that attracts them?

it baffle me a 9 year old should just get married just like that. No proper education, no proper guidance it's really sad
Yeah and that is an abuse of children's lives to experience childhood. What a demonic law with bastard government.

Yeah and that is an abuse of children's lives to experience childhood. What a demonic law with bastard government.
My point exactly mate. A lot of times they don't even treat these children well after marrying them it's really appalling

My point exactly mate. A lot of times they don't even treat these children well after marrying them it's really appalling
I am so sure the kids marrying young cry nonestop afraid of leaving home. It's so barbaric government.

I am so sure the kids marrying young cry nonestop afraid of leaving home. It's so barbaric government.
That's right it can't just be easy for them as they are still babies trying to navigate the already complicated world

That's right it can't just be easy for them as they are still babies trying to navigate the already complicated world
What's on their brain, what kind of authority is that, a government allowing a 9 year old to marry. What if the man is ugly and in his 40s despite rich? That's absurd.

13,254Threads
99,245Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member