• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Just a heads-up: I'll be updating the site on Saturday, September 21, 2024, around 7 PM Eastern Time. The site will be temporarily offline during this process, but I'll make sure to back everything up before starting. Thanks fords8!

Is 3 square meals a financial drain?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.135635
Referral Credit
People are always eating three times a day but with glaring economic realities, it is clear that people need to make lifestyle adjustments.

Do you still do three square meals or you have adjusted to meet up with your financial reality? I do two square meals now instead of 3 to save money.

Even though mathematically reducing food in half will save money, work requires energy both for thinking and strength. Not eating enough will make the body's immune system vulnerable to disease, if we get sick we will spend a lot of money. So keep taking care of your health.

When I work on an empty stomach, I tend to be less effective. It is good not to cut down on your food intake to conserve finances. You would rather cut down on clothes and other expenses but not on food which is very vital.

It actually depends on you to be honest. You need to function and your eating habits is definitely different from the next person. Like myself I usually eat once and in most cases two times a day not cause am trying to save or anything, that's just my eating habits.

It actually depends on you to be honest. You need to function and your eating habits is definitely different from the next person. Like myself I usually eat once and in most cases two times a day not cause am trying to save or anything, that's just my eating habits.
True. And even if you form a particular eating habit for the sole purpose of saving money, your body would get adjusted to it in just three weeks. But I don't advocate for it.

When I work on an empty stomach, I tend to be less effective. It is good not to cut down on your food intake to conserve finances. You would rather cut down on clothes and other expenses but not on food which is very vital.
Basically it's all depends on individual for me I will say that If you can cut down on food to serve money it's more rewarding because you will have some money to save for your self and this could help you cut down excess spending

People are always eating three times a day but with glaring economic realities, it is clear that people need to make lifestyle adjustments.

Do you still do three square meals or you have adjusted to meet up with your financial reality? I do two square meals now instead of 3 to save money.
For me l am using the same strategy. I am currently doing one meal on a day in the name of savings. I see it working best for me.

12,042Threads
92,869Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member