Is education a right or a privilege?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.000650
Referral Credit
Education is a right, as it is essential for the human, social and economic development of a nation, and must be guaranteed to everyone, regardless of their origin, class, gender, race, religion, etc. Do you consider education to be a right or a privilege? How do you assess the quality and accessibility of education in your country?

It should be a right, but unfortunately education constitutes a privilege even in some so called developed countries (as my former country, where even public schools are so shamefully expensive at the point many families get rid of children's education above the primary school).

Education is one of the fundamental human rights. Education is a right. Though, we are living in a world where the fundamental human rights is not given proper attention and neglected with impunity.
Good quality education for me is also a privilege for few in my country, it is even shameful in relation to other countries in the world. Edecution is a government duty and it does the same anyway.

Good quality education for me is also a privilege for few in my country, it is even shameful in relation to other countries in the world. Edecution is a government duty and it does the same anyway.
I see you live in my same country, even if I'm not a native, but a regular resident. I can state in my former so called first world country it's even worse, as we were compelled to pay until the last penny since the first year of the public primary school. My parents were compelled to pay governmental duties, my books, school material, transportation and meals. Meanwhile, a lot of Mercosur public schools and universities are for free. Students receive books, meals and bus for free. I had nothing of these when I was a child, a teenager and a young university student. In my former country, as in Spain, there is nothing for free. A public university costs thousands euros per year into fees and tuition. I can't dare to imagine the cost of private schooling in south Europe, due to such an expense in the public. I understand the quality of public education in our country falls short, but it's something compared to my former country.

13,068Threads
98,311Messages
304Members
dalibiLatest member