Is Event Management a Seasonal Business?

King Belieal

Community Manager (Engagement Coordinator)
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.080705
Referral Credit
I intended to enter the business f managing events. But my findings suggest to it being a seasonal business which might not be favorable to me.

Do you think events management is a seasonal business?

It is determined by the nature of the event. Festivals, for example, are typically held during the summer season. The reason for this is that the weather is beautiful, making outdoor events like this ideal. Corporate gatherings are a great example of non-seasonal events.

It depends on where you are living. Earlier I was living in a popular tourist destination and there was plenty of work for event management companies throughout the year since businesses organized events there.

In a way yes. Jobs only come in when there are events, though there is no specific season for events as events can happen anytime but there will definitely be some seasons where events upon events would be coming up, and some seasons where you will hardly find anyone.

Event management is more favorable during dry season than during rainy season. But that doesn't mean you can not be making money during rainy season. Every business have seasons that is more booming than others. I think, the seasonality can't be a hindrance to the success of the business.

No it is not. Events come up all the time that management is needed to put it together. Bur if you want to be getting jobs all the time you need to move out more to scout for jobs
That is the marketing part of the events management business. Wherever you know that an event is upcoming, you go and pitch your services. My cousin, when once he hears that someone has given birth, he starts pitching to handle the child dedication event.

That is the marketing part of the events management business. Wherever you know that an event is upcoming, you go and pitch your services. My cousin, when once he hears that someone has given birth, he starts pitching to handle the child dedication event.
Your cousin is getting it right that's the right thing to do. They are always events coming up at different times it is just to position yourself to get them especially if they need an event planner

12,012Threads
92,712Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member