• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Is expenses on internet considered a basic need or a want?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.300635
Referral Credit
Almost everyone who is using internet had to spend money on securing the internet connection. Some people have it quite cheaper and some people have to pay significant amounts to get it.

But is the expenses on internet a want or a need? Where should it be categorized?

It is a need if you are doing online business. Therefore you must buy internet bundles to keep your business going. But if you are not doing internet business, it will classified as want. But in this present moment, i wonder who don't engage in online business.

If you are not earning money with the internet subscription, it is nothing more than a want. It is something that you actually can do without. And you must not make it a priority.

In my opinion, currently the internet is a need, not a want, starting from students who often do their assignments online, as well as office workers who do their work from home, so their work will be completed more quickly. Offline grocery traders also need the internet to contact suppliers of goods, especially as online traders will certainly need it more.

It stopped being a want about a couple of decades ago. If you need to contact governmental authorities, you must have wifi at home. If you need to consult a certificate, you must have wifi at home. My uncle, to continue to get his pension, must have wifi at his home. And so on...

The government has made it compulsory to file tax returns, pay taxes online, so citizens are forced to get an internet connection for paying tax and other work, it has become a necessity.

In my case, having internet access is a necessity. I rely on working from home and making money online. Without the internet, I could not sustain myself, as my online job is indispensable for my livelihood.
I agree with you sis, currently the internet is no longer a secondary need but a basic need, even farmers also need the internet to check the price of their crops, whether they should be sold or stored waiting for the price to rise.

I agree with you sis, currently the internet is no longer a secondary need but a basic need, even farmers also need the internet to check the price of their crops, whether they should be sold or stored waiting for the price to rise.
In my country, farmers also need to be aware of the new bureaucracy the government is going on creating on their behalf. And the only way is through domestic wifi or mobile data. Lack of such an awareness leads to fines.

In my country, farmers also need to be aware of the new bureaucracy the government is going on creating on their behalf. And the only way is through domestic wifi or mobile data. Lack of such an awareness leads to fines.
That means in your country, every farmer must be registered with the government, and farmers will be subject to income tax, after they harvest.

Yes, of course, that's how is going. In my country, everyone must be registered, no mind which occupation, including online workers. Even unemployed and housewives must be registered (in this latter case, to receive a governmental grant).

12,088Threads
93,182Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member