• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Is humanity at risk from artificial intelligence?

klassicdoll

Opinion Leader
Wordsmith
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵4.068876
Referral Credit
AI has the ability to help society in many ways, but there are also grave worries about human rights raised by the possibility that AI will be utilized for authoritarian and oppressive goals. The rights to peaceful assembly, freedom of speech, and privacy may all be violated by AI monitoring. AI might also go out of control. This might occur if AI systems surpass human intelligence and start acting independently of human direction or control.

Thoughts on this?

AI has the ability to help society in many ways, but there are also grave worries about human rights raised by the possibility that AI will be utilized for authoritarian and oppressive goals. The rights to peaceful assembly, freedom of speech, and privacy may all be violated by AI monitoring. AI might also go out of control. This might occur if AI systems surpass human intelligence and start acting independently of human direction or control.

Thoughts on this?
Yes. Humanity is at risk of artificial intelligence. Nueralink just implanted their first microchip in a human brain. There are even rumors that the person can move the cursor on the computer with the mind the same way a mouse does.

If they implant it on more patients, soon it will be available for the public to do the same. This is very risky in the long run.

There is also virtual reality games. People are getting used to having technology as their companion instead of real life people.

I think yes and it get's better every year people will get very lazy won't have creativity and all these things it can also take jobs I saw very realistic video made by AI
You are right. Most people will get lazy because they have bots to do their work. At the same time, other people will lose jobs because bots have replaced them in the office.

Artificial intelligence might look good now but it has many disadvantages in the long run.

I think it can be dangerous if it is not regulated. Anything can happen in the blink of an eye.
In my opinion, we have already missed the moment when AI crossed the line. And unfortunately, we still don't see any requirements to regulate it, and it scares us even more

12,049Threads
92,920Messages
288Members
gwolf666Latest member