• Only 2 Weeks Left! Help Discussion Bucks Win the $200 Prize!

We need just 3 more referrals to qualify for the $200 prize in the Agora forums referral contest. Your support is crucial—every referral counts!

Click Here to Support Us!

Is it Safe to Save Money at Home Nowadays?

Goldynn89

Engaged Contributor
Novice Scribe
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.041000
Referral Credit
Recently, a lot of banks were having problems and people started thinking of saving their money at home instead.
Some people still use piggy banks and other means to keep money at home and they swear it works.

There are numerous risks to this, as you can easily gain access to the money and spend it, or you lose it to other circumstances.

Personally i don't think it will be a good idea to save your money at home because there will be a lots of risks, in my country there is a low which states that peoples are allowed to have small amount of cash in their home because holding cash implies illegal activities.

Yes it's very possible to be able to do this, but the truth of the matter is that it's not easy. Especially when there are so many things you need to do, you need high discipline to be able to control yourself.

I keep money at home and bank. It is normal to keep money at home but not good to save because you can easily spend it the moment you like to shop.
That is true, we keep spending the money we save in our home, since we know that it is available in our home we make some excuse and spend all our money.

That is true, we keep spending the money we save in our home, since we know that it is available in our home we make some excuse and spend all our money.
That is so right, and we keep on thinking about what to buy,lol unit the money disappeared. But if we are a discipline type,we cannot spend it without a reason.

That is so right, and we keep on thinking about what to buy,lol unit the money disappeared. But if we are a discipline type,we cannot spend it without a reason.
To be really honest, I have a lot of trouble carrying cash in my pocket. Even when I have everything I need, I can not seem to stop finding things to buy, and occasionally I even eat.

In terms of security, it might be better to save money in a bank, but if you have a profile as an impulsive buyer, of course there is no difference between saving money at home or in a bank, because we can easily pay using banking, e-money or ATM. So it would be better for you to save it as a deposit because if you withdraw money you will be subject to a fine.

I keep money at home and bank. It is normal to keep money at home but not good to save because you can easily spend it the moment you like to shop.
Every sensible human being do this but this days I hate this aspect I only save money in the bank because of fraud and criminal that havouring around me so bank is the best option now

It is usually not very safe to keep more money in empty homes, especially in areas where the crime rate is high. The home may get burgled and the burglars will ransack the home if there is money in the house.

No it is not good to save money at home. Because the reason why am said so is that when your save the money at home you will use the money any how then at last the money will finish.

It is usually not very safe to keep more money in empty homes, especially in areas where the crime rate is high. The home may get burgled and the burglars will ransack the home if there is money in the house.
True, this is why it is better to save them at a trusted bank, and the best part you could even get some interest from it as well.

True, this is why it is better to save them at a trusted bank, and the best part you could even get some interest from it as well.
Yes that's why I prefer banking system as the best place for saving money, it's secure and reliable place for saving your money.

Saving money in thr bank is more preferable and secured than at home. If you keep your money at home, you may be compelled to make use of it every time you have small need.
You are right, keeping money in the house have lots of down side like we spend it every time we want something to buy, and also we also get stolen if a burglar comes to the house.

In my former country, where burglaries skyrocketed at a shameful rate (in the city where I was born, until I moved, there was a burglar each 2 minutes:mad:, so homes are the worst place to save money), not by whatever means. Burglars in my former country loot and pillage everywhere. And it's desirable to choose a multinational bank, as various medium sized banks bound to municipality got broken and the customers, especially those third aged lost their whole life savings.

11,941Threads
92,348Messages
285Members
BorisKirwaLatest member