• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Is keeping cash under your mattress a smarter idea?

klassicdoll

Opinion Leader
Wordsmith
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵4.068876
Referral Credit
For some people, having cash under the mattress makes sense, but it's not safe, it yields no interest, and it depreciates with time. It's probably not a good idea to start building or maintaining a healthy financial life by storing your money in your mattress. With this, I think you should invest it or save it in financial institutions.

I just pray that you don't have relatives who have discounted their morality living with you. They would make you learn to use the bank at all costs next time rather than under the mattress.

I have never tried this approach to saving money before. Every year, I only manage to save a modest amount, which I carefully put in a Mason jar. Although the amount may appear small to some, it has proven to be beneficial in my personal savings journey. Over time, I have gained self-control and discipline that keep me from spending my savings.

If people are criminally trespassing your home, it is not advisable to keep any money at home, it may get stolen. Only a small amount for daily expenses should be kept at home.

My parents used to do it but not now as we have a fear that money may not get steal by someone.
Some people have the special gift of hiding things. No matter how much you can search, you would not find something they had hidden. Such people still hide money at home.

I have never done that. I don't keep cash, except the little that I keep for emergency and that lies safe in my safe in my house. Not under the mattresses. I keep my money in bank for it to be safe and also grow. I have them parked in different investment schemes. I am mostly into digital transactions.

12,090Threads
93,194Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member