Is kissing another person apart from your partner considered cheating?

Kross

Community Advocate
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.616545
Referral Credit
Cheating means different things to different people. I met someone recently that told me that having a lip to lip kiss with another person other than their partner is not cheating. I was really amazed by that position.

Do you think lip to lip kissing is just casual or is it intimate enough to be considered cheating when done with another person?

For me I consider this as cheating. Kissing is an intimate bond you share with your partner. If a person cannot keep to this, then what stopes them from doing worse?

intimacy is about two people that are committed in a relationship. Anything outside this is just off.

Exactly! Kissing another person while you are in a relationship is considered cheating. You should only lip kiss the person you are in a relationship with.

Cheating means different things to different people. I met someone recently that told me that having a lip to lip kiss with another person other than their partner is not cheating. I was really amazed by that position.

Do you think lip to lip kissing is just casual or is it intimate enough to be considered cheating when done with another person?
Kissing another person apart from your partner is an act of cheating and should be condemned.

That's cheating of the first order indeed. That lip to lip kissing is intimate. Therefore doing that thing that brings the sense of intimacy is Most likely done by spouses or partners. I really don't have ideas as to where the world is heading to.
LOL. Some people love doing it without feeling any guilt. They do not care if they hurt their partners/spouses. It is just so insensitive of them.

It's cheating in broad sense. How could you dare kiss lips to lips with another person when you're legally married? That's an immoral act, an insult to a husband or a wife. But that act is done because of a malicious intent to break the tie of marriage, maybe dissatisfaction effect of the other party, the wife or the husband.

I would say lip to lip kissing can be done only among married partners. As a married woman I should say that such kisses does excite both the partners.

How can you kiss on the lips and it wouldn't be treason? I think it's also a betrayal and it's impossible to forgive it because in my opinion these are very intimate things and you can't do it with other people and hope that it won't be a cheating for your partner

Now a days people are getting more and more liberal, the boundaries of relationships are getting more and more fluid. For a person with traditional mindset like me, a concept of open relationship makes no sense. I find it insane and feel that it is just a garb for infidelity. I don't find anything good or progressive about it.

Views on what constitutes cheating can vary widely from person to person and from relationship to relationship. While some individuals may not consider lip-to-lip kissing with someone other than their partner to be cheating, others may view it as a breach of trust and intimacy. Ultimately, it depends on the boundaries and agreements within each relationship. Clear communication and mutual understanding are key to defining what is acceptable behavior for both partners.

Cultural differences are there. I recently watched an episode of Modern Family that my elder daughter was watching. In that episode, one person kissed other's wife on lips while greeting her. Shd thought that he is hitting on her. She told that to her husband, but didn't want to make a big scene as that person was bringing some good business benefits to the husband. Later they found him kissing everyone including his teenage children ( daughters and son), mom, friend's wife etc on lips to greet or say bye. In the end they told that he is from Costa Rica agd that's their way of greeting others. But I am sure that when you are out od your culture, you should refrain from such things that might not be comfortable for others and can be offensive.

13,206Threads
99,078Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member