• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Is Our Dependence on Computers Getting Out of Hand?

Moseschidera

Engaged Contributor
Novice Scribe
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵2.298000
Referral Credit
I was just thinking, are we all getting too reliant on computers these days? Seems like it's involved in every little thing we do, from work to entertainment to keeping in touch with friends. While it's definitely helpful tools, I sometimes feel like we're using it as a crutch and it's actually making us lazier. We spend hours online but don't interact with actual humans as much. Kids especially seem glued to screens.
Is this level of computer use even good for us in the long run? Are we replacing real life experiences with virtual ones a little too easily? What do you think, is our dependence on computers getting out of control or is this just progress we have to accept? Curious to hear other views.

I won't say that we are depending on computers too much. It is the way the world is going and there is nothing individual persons or organisations can do about it.

12,060Threads
92,990Messages
289Members
KeraLatest member