• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Is there a difference between a minimalist lifestyle and frugal living?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵11.541700
Referral Credit
I often hear the two phrases frugal living and minimalist lifestyle, some people think these two phrases have the same meaning, but in my opinion there are differences. So, in your opinion, is there a difference between frugal living and a minimalist lifestyle?

Frugalism might be dangerous as people would end up denying themselves things that they need to survive. I prefer a minimalist lifestyle because it allows you to just live at the basic. A frugal person would trek one kilometre because he or she doesn't want to pay transport. A minimalist would trek half of the journey.

In frugal living you may skip eating many times a day, skip going to grocery stores to buy in bulk, whereas, in minimal living you won't skip eating the foods you like except that you will only cook minimally from 1 cup for example to half a cup only. And in going to the grocery store buy only minimally none isn't bought except a very few.

The trick here is that you are still enjoying your life but on a minimal rate now. instead of drinking 4 bottles of beer daily you drink 1. you have not completely stopped drinking
That's the essence mate, our body may get used to it. It's a slimming technique too.

12,090Threads
93,194Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member