• Important Update from the Founder: After a year of growth, changes are coming to Discussion Bucks. Read the full announcement here.

• Heads-up! The site will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, September 21, 2024, starting at 11:00 PM UTC (7:00 PM Eastern Time). During this time, the site will be temporarily offline, but rest assured, everything will be backed up beforehand. Thank you for your understanding!

- Fords8

Is trading with algorithms a good or bad idea?

klassicdoll

Opinion Leader
Wordsmith
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵4.068876
Referral Credit
There is no denying that algorithmic trading has a number of benefits, including speed, effectiveness, and objectivity in trading choices. However, the fact that algorithmic trading depends on intricate and sophisticated equipment that can malfunction, crash, or be hacked happens to be one of its primary potential dangers. Technical issues can result in order delays, mistakes, or losses. They can even start unintentional transactions, which can negatively impact both your performance and the market.

What about you? What is your opinion on this?

Trading algorithms utilize the help of computer programs so that the system can work automatically in managing trading orders on various trading instruments (stocks, forex and crypto) so that there is no human participation. But it's best before you use a trading algorithm on a real account, you need to test it first.

There is no denying that algorithmic trading has a number of benefits, including speed, effectiveness, and objectivity in trading choices. However, the fact that algorithmic trading depends on intricate and sophisticated equipment that can malfunction, crash, or be hacked happens to be one of its primary potential dangers. Technical issues can result in order delays, mistakes, or losses. They can even start unintentional transactions, which can negatively impact both your performance and the market.

What about you? What is your opinion on this?
Algorithims are only as good as the people who created them, plus putting your trust into them can sometimes get you burned.

Just look at the controversies surrounding the use of algorithms in social media, for instance; do you want to put your investments in the hands of what is essentially a computer program? I don't.

I don't trust them, leaving my money working on a bot for me is not safe because I don't trust those who designed it, there is a big chance that these bots are to drain your money in the long run, it is better to trust your knowledge and own trades.

Algorithims are only as good as the people who created them, plus putting your trust into them can sometimes get you burned.

Just look at the controversies surrounding the use of algorithms in social media, for instance; do you want to put your investments in the hands of what is essentially a computer program? I don't.
Absolutely. Nowadays, you really have to look thoroughly at the things you want to invest in, especially things like algorithm trading.

I do not like using algorithms for decision making, I prefer to manually check the company before deciding to invest in the company, using my past experience.

12,076Threads
93,092Messages
290Members
Medo24Latest member