Kwek-kwek, a popular Filipino street food

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵3.511113
Referral Credit
Kwek-kwek is my favorite Filipino street food. They are fried hard-boiled quail eggs in oil. They are dipped in an orange batter and served with a sweet or vinegar dipping sauce. They are delectable! They are sold on the street by street vendors. The other one is called siomai or dumplings. They are not regarded a street food, but they are also sold on the streets, at times. What is your fave street food?
IMG_2295.jpeg

Although, I don't like buying food on the street. Here, I present to you Akara, Puff Puff and Doughnuts (donuts)
In my country those foods are called "koker, kuskusa and bonbolino" and they are available on the street and also in the pastry shops. of course the pastry shops bit higher price than the street but more sanitary and healthy.

It's interesting to know you have that in your country too. Well when it comes to pastry, countries can share the same or close recipe. But I bet they taste great. You are right, it's costlier in the pastry shops.
Yeah, most of the times foods sold in pastry have similarity, and yeah they have bit higher price than the foods in the street.

Oh wow, these look yummy. We don't have such here but we have our unique street foods too. You just have to get to where they are sold to make your choice.
What is the most popular street food in your country, Augusta?
Post automatically merged:

Looks sweet, the orange one looks a fruit, i want to try it some time, my favorite street food is sambuusa, it have very mazing flavor and test.
View attachment 275
It looks like Samosa, Kirubel! Do you think they are the same?

13,067Threads
98,286Messages
304Members
dalibiLatest member