• Only 2 Weeks Left! Help Discussion Bucks Win the $200 Prize!

We need just 3 more referrals to qualify for the $200 prize in the Agora forums referral contest. Your support is crucial—every referral counts!

Click Here to Support Us!

Living in UK vs Living in your Country - Financial Implication.

King Belieal

Community Manager (Engagement Coordinator)
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Literary Virtuoso
Registered Member
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.020705
Referral Credit
UK has tightened immigration laws because lots of people want to relocate to UK. I would present the average cost of living in UK for a month so you compare with that of your country. And comment which one is better.

UK living Expenses
Rent- $700
Food -$200
Utility- $80
Transportation -$50
Misc. - $50.

Total -$1800 per month.

This is an average monthly expenses for a single young person living a basic lifestyle with no luxuries. Comparing with your country, do you think it makes financial sense to migrate to UK?

If the economy is good, the standard of living will be good because basic things like employment and the likes will be available, it depends how much you can work. And with a balanced economy, minimum wage too would be sustainable, I would choose the UK over my country.
That's quite true. In the UK, cost of living might be high but you would find jobs that pay you enough to survive and eke out a living. The minimum wage in UK might even be 10 times the minimum wage in other countries.

While they have good utilities, it's always the cost of rent and how hard it is to find cheap houses that gets to me about living in other countries especially the UK.

There are more things to consider than just the incomes in different countries, I believe that quality and standards life should go hand-in-hand.

UK is to expensive for my country. 1300 euros of salary can't cover expenses. How much is minimum wage in UK? Cna teacher salary can cover those expensies in first post?
The minimum monthly wage in UK can cover that expense. The minimum wage in the UK is $10 per hour as at my last check. That money is easy to make over there. Just that migrants hardly have savings for projects back home because cost of living.

The commodities in UK are so high compared to my country but when convert the money from UK to PH pesos, it is a big difference higher than a US dollar. My nieces and their families migrated there. They work as nurses both husband and wife and they told us that everything is also taxed.

The amount paid as a single month's rent in UK would cover the rent of two years for the same kind of apartment in my country. Things are really expensive in the UK though. It is just good to visit UK, work and go back to your country. The money earned would make sense to you that way.
The commodities in UK are so high compared to my country but when convert the money from UK to PH pesos, it is a big difference higher than a US dollar. My nieces and their families migrated there. They work as nurses both husband and wife and they told us that everything is also taxed.

The amount paid as a single month's rent in UK would cover the rent of two years for the same kind of apartment in my country. Things are really expensive in the UK though. It is just good to visit UK, work and go back to your country. The money earned would make sense to you that way.
My nieces and their husbands visit my country every year for three weeks duration during summer there and it's also their vacation grants. When my other niece and her hubby worked in Dubai, they sent home a package full of gadgets and other stuff for home. They said the goods there are cheap compared to goods in UK. They no longer send home a package 😁.

My nieces and their husbands visit my country every year for three weeks duration during summer there and it's also their vacation grants. When my other niece and her hubby worked in Dubai, they sent home a package full of gadgets and other stuff for home. They said the goods there are cheap compared to goods in UK. They no longer send home a package 😁.
In UK, they pay you high but turn around and use taxation to get back all the earnings. When I heard the amount people pay as tax in UK, I almost fainted.

Just that migrants hardly have savings for projects back home because cost of living.
I didn't understand this. Immigrants can't save any money? In that case why they stay in UK? If none immigrants can't save money, then I would not be able since I would be immigrant.

In UK, they pay you high but turn around and use taxation to get back all the earnings. When I heard the amount people pay as tax in UK, I almost fainted.
That is the experience of my nieces there in Taunton, UK everything is taxed even a cellular phone. Apartment rent is also huge dunno if their salaries there are justifiable.

11,941Threads
92,349Messages
285Members
BorisKirwaLatest member