Many intelligent people were antisocial. Is there any relation?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵4.258826
Referral Credit
According to a study, compared to people with lower intelligence scores, bright people tend to be less social, have fewer friends, and prefer to be alone. Also, it is thought that intellectual but less social individuals are more goal-oriented. They continue to be cheerful because they don't care if other people make any judgments of them. Furthermore, the art of isolation is a skill that intellectual people possess.

What's your thought on this?

I would say that this is hasty generalisation. But empirically, most intelligent people can't deal with the herd mentality displayed by a lot of the other people. They are mostly non conformists. And they find it hard to relate with the larger society.

According to a study, compared to people with lower intelligence scores, bright people tend to be less social, have fewer friends, and prefer to be alone. Also, it is thought that intellectual but less social individuals are more goal-oriented. They continue to be cheerful because they don't care if other people make any judgments of them. Furthermore, the art of isolation is a skill that intellectual people possess.

I have seen more people of this character, my thought is that they tend to spend more time on thinking and problem .

For some of them, they are simply antisocial simply because they could not find others that could understand them and flow with how they reason. Most of them just find it stressful or time wasting to interact with others, they believe keeping with themselves gives them more time to think and reason things.

In some countries intelligent people are subjected to persecution, criminal defamation, exploitation with large companies, officials and leaders involved . Hence they are betrayed repeatedly and find it difficult to trust others.

I happen to know some highly intelligent individuals who seem to prefer being alone rather than socializing. Perhaps it's because they find more joy in staying at home and expanding their knowledge through studying and learning new things. However, I'm not entirely sure about the reason behind it. Haha!

Those intelligent people are mostly introverts. They do not like to socialize. They are afraid to be called and to talk to the crowd. But those intelligent extroverts are not anti-social They like to socialize with people because they love people.

I agree with the study. Most introverts are extremely intelligent and always have ideas they are seriously trying to find wayscto bringvinto existance. Moreover, introverts are highly goal oriented and loners.

13,097Threads
98,491Messages
304Members
dalibiLatest member