Marrying a man or woman that might be unable to procreate

Honestly I can't say about this, it's possible for some. I have seen people who end up adopting children and they are living their lives happily, people outside won't even know anything like that is happening.

Honestly I can't say about this, it's possible for some. I have seen people who end up adopting children and they are living their lives happily, people outside won't even know anything like that is happening.
That's right I have seen some couples like this. It shows that the parties are very happy with their lives.

Can love be enough for you to marry a man that's sterile or a womb that can't birth a child. Can you do this for love?
If love is there between a couple whether they can have a child or not is secondary. They can adapt a child. I have a neighbour who have adapted a child as they are childless.

Yes, I believe I can do it for love. In the first place, I do not want to have my own children because it is an enormous responsibility. I am not prepared in many aspects, so having a child would be selfish because I know he or she will suffer.
That's great of you. Raising kids come with responsibility. We just have to make up our minds to help or not.

Can love be enough for you to marry a man that's sterile or a womb that can't birth a child. Can you do this for love?
Most people won't be able to do this even for love because of the external pressure that comes with this from family members and even friends .

Most people won't be able to do this even for love because of the external pressure that comes with this from family members and even friends .
Yesh but this is why we have to avoid this third parties in our relationship. They shouldn't have any business in it.

I think this is something that we must discuss extensively in the African circles. The thing is that it is not a 100 per cent probability that every relationship should produce children. There are so many factors that can bring about that result in a relationship and we should be able to accept the circumstance and not think of it as some sort of bad omen or bad luck. So to put all things in one perspective. The main goal should be the love that you have between the two of you as a couple. You can be a couple but you should have a conversation about it and guide each other that you are okay with what you have found yourselves in. The other important thing is to go for a check-up and verify that both are okay.

What would be hurting is if one is hiding something from the other partner, it would not be okay because you know for sure that you are unable to have children and yet you do not have this conversation with your partner. That would be terrible.

Last edited:
Some women may do this but I have seen two practical examples as one lady doctor took divorce when she find out same problem in her husband, second in my relative same thing happened. But I saw women those who adopt children and spend their life with their husband.

Some women may do this but I have seen two practical examples as one lady doctor took divorce when she find out same problem in her husband, second in my relative same thing happened. But I saw women those who adopt children and spend their life with their husband.
This always depends on the level. of love. They can adopt and live happily if they love themselves

Honestly, i doubt if i can be able to do it. If i have knowledge about such defects before marriage, i will not continue with the marriage. But! If i have married before i know about it, i will go for adoption.

I don't think most people know before getting married, on whether or not they can reproduce. But considering the options, I'd still rather get married to the individual and potentially adopt, over not marrying just because children cannot potentially be conceived. The only thing I might consider in advance, is family genetics. If I knew the family had issues with certain things already, I might hesitate.

13,105Threads
98,514Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member