Maryland governor to pardon 175,000 marijuana convictions

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵7.024300
Referral Credit
Maryland’s governor will issue a mass pardon of drug offenses, US media reported Sunday, in a far-reaching move forgiving 175,000 low-level marijuana convictions across multiple decades. Report said that it is a sweeping act of clemency involving a drug that is now in broad recreational use. This is aimed at addressing social and economic injustice disproportionately impacting Black people. 33 % of the population in Maryland is black.

The use of cannabis is legalized is now legalized in Maryland.

Maryland’s governor will issue a mass pardon of drug offenses, US media reported Sunday, in a far-reaching move forgiving 175,000 low-level marijuana convictions across multiple decades. Report said that it is a sweeping act of clemency involving a drug that is now in broad recreational use. This is aimed at addressing social and economic injustice disproportionately impacting Black people. 33 % of the population in Maryland is black.

One thing about western countries is that they use to be highly proactive in their judgment. Once there is a change in the judicial system, they will go back and correct some convictions. If marijuana is no more a crime in the state, it is necessary you release those convicted for the offence. That's is highly proactive.

I hope that they have been properly rehabilitated and certified fit to be able to return to normal society.
The governor is a Black American. He's doing this because most detainees were wrongly accused by racists. The6 prisoners were falsely accused.

This is something bizarre. Marijuana affects the brain and nerves badly and therefore should be banned by every country as a poisonous drug.

This is something bizarre. Marijuana affects the brain and nerves badly and therefore should be banned by every country as a poisonous drug.
I think they knew it but some users are stupid so they have to face the consequences.

it id not only about freeing them I hope they have been caution to avoid taking drugs. it's never good for anyone
Let's assume that these released prisoners were oriented to avoid coming back in the dark dungeon. They have to be remorseful.

Addicted people have to face the horrible consequences of addiction.
That's right, they were also also alarmed of the danger of the illegal drugs. They're hard headed and stupid for they're experimenting that leads to lifetime addiction.

Let's assume that these released prisoners were oriented to avoid coming back in the dark dungeon. They have to be remorseful.
Yes, they have to show changed in character and attitude towards bad habit. Or else they do worse as they have been released

The governor is a Black American. He's doing this because most detainees were wrongly accused by racists. The6 prisoners were falsely accused.

That is a commendable decision by the governor. Many Black Americans were wrongly accused by others, and I am happy that they have been released.

In a situation where they where wrongly accused, I guess it's good they have been freed finally but at the same time let's still hope these people would come out and be of help to the society.

That is a commendable decision by the governor. Many Black Americans were wrongly accused by others, and I am happy that they have been released.
You are right, they were falsely accused by the previous judges being black. @Augusta , you might be right, these criminals might do crimes again once they breath the air of freedom and liberty.

You are right, they were falsely accused by the previous judges being black. @Augusta , you might be right, these criminals might do crimes again once they breath the air of freedom and liberty.
My point. They should all go for counselling or a rehabilitation so that they can blend back better into the society

My point. They should all go for counselling or a rehabilitation so that they can blend back better into the society
I am so sure of that, they will undergo a rehab to be fully renewed. They are not insane to like to go back to jail.

I am so sure of that, they will undergo a rehab to be fully renewed. They are not insane to like to go back to jail.
But mate, some of them don't still learn. They get back becoming even worse off. They were the hardened ones

But mate, some of them don't still learn. They get back becoming even worse off. They were the hardened ones
Nah, but you are right, there are people like that with no sense of consideration of their fate. It happened here years ago, the prisoner was pardoned for his crime committed but after three months, he murdered an innocent. he was sentenced to life imprisonment. Good for him, stupid..

13,211Threads
99,099Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member