Meta removes 63,000 Instagram accounts in Nigeria linked to sextortion scams

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵7.223050
Referral Credit
According to the report, Meta has removed about 63,000 Instagram accounts used in attempts to directly engage in financial sextortion schemes, along with thousands of Facebook groups providing tips on how to scam people online.

The report said that sexual extortion, or sextortion, involves scammers tricking or coercing someone into sending explicit photos online. They then threaten to make the images public unless the victim pays to stop them.

The report added that the accounts, registered in Nigeria, were in part run by a group known as Yahoo Boys, "a loosely organized cybercriminals operating largely out of Nigeria that specialize in different types of scams," Meta said in a statement.

This group of scammers targeted an elite group of media. There were reports that an Australian young committed suicide because of this gang. He felt ashamed of what he was doing. He was scammed with millions of money because if he won't agree with their investment, they were going to expose bis photos.

Good one on their part, there are lots of them on social media these days, and there have been lots of complaints of people being scammed.

Good one on their part, there are lots of them on social media these days, and there have been lots of complaints of people being scammed.
Just imagine 63,000 Instagram accounts owned by some bad elements in Nigeria. These people are miserable, lazy and want easy money.

People should be careful of people that try to be friendly online. A lot of times they are just scammers which is bad
Scammers are just lurking on the web. It's a repeated story of extortion and aren't the victims analysed. They're dumb too. They should have stayed away.

As we are blaming the scammers, we should also blame the victims. Why would someone send nude pictures to another person on social media? A total stranger for that matter. Some things are not just balanced.

According to the report, Meta has removed about 63,000 Instagram accounts used in attempts to directly engage in financial sextortion schemes, along with thousands of Facebook groups providing tips on how to scam people online.
Bout time they started doing something to stop scammers.
Granted, its' but a drop in the bucket but still...

That's a good move by the site. Such people should be arrested and should be punished for their activities on internet.
Exactly, but they are hard to jet jailed, they are virtual people, only their country can tract them . They might also used aliases. he best thing to do is to stay away from scammers online.

As we are blaming the scammers, we should also blame the victims. Why would someone send nude pictures to another person on social media? A total stranger for that matter. Some things are not just balanced.
I means I sometimes wonder some people state of mind and mental health. Some actions need the victims flogged

I means I sometimes wonder some people state of mind and mental health. Some actions need the victims flogged
Are you minding them? How would someone even coax me to send my nude pictures to him or her? People that do such are mentally very low and should be checked into a psychiatric hospital.

13,246Threads
99,226Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member