Monsoon Turns Fatal In Nepal: 47 Killed In Floods, Landslides, Lightning

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵7.601000
Referral Credit
According to the report, at least 47 people were killed after heavy monsoon rain in Nepal that triggered flash floods, landslides, and lightning strikes.

The report said that Nepal's Labour Minister Dol Prasad Aryal said that four people died in floods, 24 in landslides, and 19 from lightning strikes.

In addition, severe flooding in Kathmandu inundated streets, submerged homes and vehicles, forcing residents to wade through floodwater.

Watch the full coverage of the report via YouTube link.

Yesterday only I started a thread about this incident. Its a very sad incident. Hope the things are getting better there and people are safe now. I was looking for @Nomad . Is he safe?
Is Nomad from Nepal? It's not only Nepal suffering a calamity like this, even in some party in the United States and especially in the Philippines.

@Starmix Nomad is from Nepal. :D
@Sanjeev yes, I am safe. Thanks for showing concern.
Nepal is mountainous country so landslide during rainy seasons are common. Nepal is also rich in water resources and rivers swell during rainy season.

Nepal is mountainous country so landslide during rainy seasons are common. Nepal is also rich in water resources and rivers swell during rainy season.
OMG, I thought you're from Norway in haven't checked your profile flag. I am glad you're safe there with your family. Keep safe.

According to the report, at least 47 people were killed after heavy monsoon rain in Nepal that triggered flash floods, landslides, and lightning strikes.

The report said that Nepal's Labour Minister Dol Prasad Aryal said that four people died in floods, 24 in landslides, and 19 from lightning strikes.

In addition, severe flooding in Kathmandu inundated streets, submerged homes and vehicles, forcing residents to wade through floodwater.

That's really a matter concern. Of course most parts of India witness flood and water logging during rainy season.

That's really a matter concern. Of course most parts of India witness flood and water logging during rainy season.
It's also happening some areas in the Philippines like that during excessive rain and thunderstorm. The government is trying it's best to avoide flooding.

That's really a matter concern. Of course most parts of India witness flood and water logging during rainy season
It's also happening some areas in the Philippines like that during excessive rain and thunderstorm. The government is trying it's best to avoide flooding.
The Indian government only reacts after the media highlights the situation.

Yes, I have been to Nepal. It's mountains everywhere. It's a small country but well managed. It's always flash flood situations here too on the hilly areas. There are always landslides and I wonder how do people living there cope up with it.

That's really a matter concern. Of course most parts of India witness flood and water logging during rainy season

The Indian government only reacts after the media highlights the situation.
That's terrible, it's also happening hear after seeing the news the government doesn't hesitate to take action for the victims and damages that costs a fortune.

That's terrible, it's also happening hear after seeing the news the government doesn't hesitate to take action for the victims and damages that costs a fortune.
In India relief goes to the rich and the poor are deprived.

In India relief goes to the rich and the poor are deprived.
That's horrible why is is like that. I though PM Modi has controlled rampant corruption and inequality there in India. He's serving India in many terms.

It will take time to erase corruption from India. How can you expect him to eliminate it in a few years when it has been in our system for 75 years?
Nah, your country needs a war-like Prime Minister to eliminate the bad elements by force -do or die. There were also many rapists there even in broad daylight like the one that happened on a train. I hope those animals were captured and electrocuted.

That's horrible why is is like that. I though PM Modi has controlled rampant corruption and inequality there in India. He's serving India in many terms.
A person who spends chores on himself without accountability can never stop corruption.

A person who spends chores on himself without accountability can never stop corruption.
Let's hope it will stop. Let's also hope Nepal won't experience the same calamity devastating lives and properties. It's also happening here in the Philippines.

13,329Threads
99,589Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member