Must husband and wife belong to the same religion/ denomination?

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵0.540108
Referral Credit
My pastor preached today that it is wrong for members of different denominations and religion to marry. He said that the differences in belief could cause friction in the marriage that can make it unenjoyable.

Do you share in that sentiments that people from different religion and denomination should not marry each other?

I can't answer such a thing since I am not yet married. But if ever that happens, it is okay for me to marry someone with a different religion as long as we believe in the same God. I witnessed a lot of married couples who come from different religions happy and thriving.

Truth be told there is notting wrong with two people from different religion getting married but the it is better for both to be from the same religion, cause there would always be clashes between their beliefs and the likes, and this could lead to a divided home.

I think the only challenge with inter religious marriage is which religion the children would belong to in their formative years? I think an understanding couple can sit down and talk about it. Exposing the kids equally to the two religions could he a viable workable solution.

13,104Threads
98,507Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member