Nigeria gets $1.5 billions from foreign investors

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵1.644950
Referral Credit
The Central Bank of Nigeria has reported yesterday a grant of $1.5 billion into the Nigerian economy, as benefit of it's effectiveness in its monetary policy strategies.

CBN, Acting Director of Corporate Communications Department,Mrs Hakama Sidi Ali, announced this yesterday attributing the success to the CBN’s efforts to stabilize the foreign exchange market.

The money received is a direct result of the CBN’s initiatives aimed at ensuring liquidity and it shows that the measures put in place by the CBN are beginning to bear fruit positively on the Nigerian economy.

Though this is good news but the question is would they use this money for the betterment of the country and it's economy?
This is the million dollars question. The corruption rate in Nigeria ks quite high. Those in power are just looking out for money to line their pockets

This is the million dollars question. The corruption rate in Nigeria ks quite high. Those in power are just looking out for money to line their pockets
Exactly, am not even excited again when I hear things like this, cause I know we won't see them use it for anything reasonable.

Exactly, am not even excited again when I hear things like this, cause I know we won't see them use it for anything reasonable.
It is just appalling that we don't even get to enjoy all the international aids and grants we get as a nation intermittently. Just few persons are benefiting from the largesse

13,179Threads
98,925Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member