Nigeria to revert to the old National Anthem, “Nigeria we hail thee.”

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵1.877950
Referral Credit
The members of the House of Representatives in Nigeria have passed a bill that will make Nigerians revert to the old National Anthem, “Nigeria we hail thee.”

This bill was sponsored by Prof Julius Ihonbvere, who is the Majority Leader of the House, The bill which was passed despite oppositions by the Minority Leader of the House and some other lawmakers.

So how would this make the county's economy better? All these are just misplaced priority the way I see it. Confused set of people.
That's absurd changing the national anthem without passing a referendum for the entire population to approve. It must be consulted and studied well and to inform the people ahead of the declaration.

That's absurd changing the national anthem without passing a referendum for the entire population to approve. It must be consulted and studied well and to inform the people ahead of the declaration.
Exactly, that's how they go about making laws and changing things that the citizens are not even aware of. Things that would not even benefit anyone in any way.

Exactly, that's how they go about making laws and changing things that the citizens are not even aware of. Things that would not even benefit anyone in any way.
Funny enough this has no benefit at all to the masses How does singing the old national anthem benefits anyone

That's absurd, the government should have consulted the Senate and then do a referendum for people's approval.

That's absurd, the government should have consulted the Senate and then do a referendum for people's approval.
But mate, this would not add any impact to the citizens so I really wonder the need of this change

That's pretty much how they run things here, the Senate do not even care to find out from the people they are representing if that's what they want.

But mate, this would not add any impact to the citizens so I really wonder the need of this change
Yeah you got the point, I'm also wondering. it seems irrelevant. @eLdavis ,that's weird why the Senate doesn't care when they're voted by the people to protect them?

Yeah you got the point, I'm also wondering. it seems irrelevant. @eLdavis ,that's weird why the Senate doesn't care when they're voted by the people to protect them?
Like most politicians, once they go into power, they tend to forget all the promises they make, they just focus on themselves.

They are just greedy people. They only look out for themselves and their families. Very bad mindset

They are just greedy people. They only look out for themselves and their families. Very bad mindset
They do not have a conscience and commitment to the people. They are selfish and greedy to the max.

They do not have a conscience and commitment to the people. They are selfish and greedy to the max.
That's politicians and those in government for you. Very few are godly Others are just bunch of thieves

That's politicians and those in government for you. Very few are godly Others are just bunch of thieves
It is also a coincidence, the national anthem of my country was also replaced without people's approval hehe.

It is also a coincidence, the national anthem of my country was also replaced without people's approval hehe.
But I just wonder the gains for this at this time. When what we want is increase I. our minimum wage.

But I just wonder the gains for this at this time. When what we want is increase I. our minimum wage.
I think there's not enough budget of your country to release the said increase. Much better if the government shows the figure.

I think there's not enough budget of your country to release the said increase. Much better if the government shows the figure.
Mate, there's enough money to go round but we just have very corrupt government where they only wants to lined their pockets with money.

13,201Threads
99,061Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member