No ham, no lechon for Christmas

Solutions
Reaction score
D Bucks
💵7.409050
Referral Credit
Another politically charged food crisis is looming this holiday season. There will likely be little or no ham or lechon for Christmas. Or because the price will be prohibitive for the fiesta-loving ordinary people in the Philippines.

People here blame the resurgence of the African Swine Fever (ASF) epidemic that is causing piggery owners to sell their pigs in panic before they will be required to cull them. Recent data from the Bureau of Animal Industry (BAI) as reported by The STAR last week shows that ASF has spread to 32 provinces, up from 22 reported on Aug. 8.

There are 458 barangays affected nationwide by the ASF, nearly doubling the previous count of 251. Because of this, people are banned to eat pork and of course, no ham this Christmas 2024. The ASF can damage the body and may cause an everlasting threat to other piggery raisers.

BAI is putting its hopes on an effective vaccine. But the World Organization for Animal Health (WOAH) has advised its members that there is as yet no known effective and stable vaccine for the virus and that an effective surveillance system continues to be the crucial approach to curtail the spread of ASF and eventually to eradicate the virus.

If things continues like this, this Christmas would be something else as most people might not be able to celebrate it.
I am thankful I do not eat pork and ham. Those who are used to this tradition every Christmas will surely be sad, but the swine flu is deadly.

I am thankful I do not eat pork and ham. Those who are used to this tradition every Christmas will surely be sad, but the swine flu is deadly.
Lol they won't have a choice but to switch to something different. Maybe chicken or turkey. Anyways I just pray the cost of living goes down by that time as well.

Lol they won't have a choice but to switch to something different. Maybe chicken or turkey. Anyways I just pray the cost of living goes down by that time as well.
The cost of living remains constant high. Let's hope for peace. Let us pray for the warring countries to embrace peace nor war, hate, and revenge. It's sad to think we're happy in Christmas while others in the war affected countries cry in sorrow and fear.

We are all facing the dilemma of prices why they do not go down. It is so annoying and worrying. There are many reasons one is inflation that continues to rise.
The major thing is inflation in my country. it is really appalling now. Hunger is really high now for people

The major thing is inflation in my country. it is really appalling now. Hunger is really high now for people
Sorry to hear about the extreme hunger there suffered by some Nigerians. Your government must do something to help the populace.

13,280Threads
99,398Messages
305Members
GrumpyLatest member