Announcement Official Discussion Bucks Statement (New Ownership & Other Topics)

fords8

Administrator (Profit Partner)
Staff member
Profit Partner
Gold Supporter
Novice Scribe
Registered Member
Reaction score
Website
debatehq.net
D Bucks
💵2.942715
Referral Credit
My Introduction:
I would like to share more information about myself with the members of Discussion Bucks. I am 53 years old and have lived in Massachusetts my entire life. I live and own the house my grandpa and grandma built back in 1957. I've enjoyed 28 years of a happy marriage. I have two sons and two daughters, as well as five grandchildren. I run and own a trucking/broker company along with my wife. I have operated and owned both a computer business and an auto repair shop. I still build PCs and still work on cars. Repair my own semi truck and trailers as well.

My Forum Journey:
Over 20 years ago, I began experimenting with forums. Initially, it involved installing various forum platforms and familiarizing myself with them. Gradually, I started incorporating mods and themes, tweaking code to ensure functionality, or simply adding modifications. Throughout this process, I consistently utilized the available free software. PHPBB, SMF, and MyBB to name a few. Moved onto paid sometime after. Now, I find myself unable to escape it. I've become addicted to it.

Devin and I:
Devin and I have worked on a few projects together. I was present and contributed to the initiation and development of RIF. The sentiment holds true for Discussion Bucks. I have been part of this from the start, primarily taking on a technical role. I truly consider him a friend, even though we have never met in person. Should he be ready, he is invited to return and fully re-engage in our activities together here at Discussion Bucks.

Forums I own:
Here is a list of forums I currently own. I am providing this list because I will be conducting paid offers on these platforms, offering Discussion Buck members the opportunity to earn additional D-Bucks.
  1. Peak Forum (PF)
  2. DebateHQ (DBHQ)
  3. Telly Addicts (TA)
  4. OS Windows (OSW)
  5. Palworld Forums (PWF)
  6. You Found That (YFT)
  7. Hand Held Gamer (HHG)
  8. Speed Forum (SF) - Not done setting up.
  9. Video Game Forums (VGF) - Not done setting up.
  10. Central Promotion (CP) - Not ready to open.
Clear the Air:
I want to reassure a few things that I have already commented on.
  1. I want to let everybody know that withdrawal dates will also remain unchanged. So the 15th and 30th are what I am going to stay with.
  2. Also, I do not intend to start over from scratch. I am not resetting everyone's D-Bucks back to zero.
  3. Devin will not be leaving; he will continue as an admin and lend a hand.
  4. Devin and I are in the process of transferring everything to my name. Due to my week-long absence and some issues he's encountering, the transition is taking slightly longer than anticipated.
Things to Come:
So now I want to give a list that is coming to Discussion Bucks. I am not going to put a time frame on this list. Since we are still moving over to me. But here we go.
  1. The current 7 posts and 3 threads per day at full pay rate will remain unchanged. But I have decided to move the daily earnings limit from 10% to 20%. You can create 7 posts and 3 threads per day at the full pay rate before your pay reverts to 25% 10% 20% of the regular earnings amount.
  2. Job Marketplace will be moved into the Marketplace. This will allow us to streamline job postings by using thread prefixes for better organization..
  3. Revamping the Marketplace to more of a classified ads system. This will be an interface for members to post and manage classified ads (For Sale, For Rent, For Loan, For Trade, Free, Wanted, Service, and Job).
  4. Enable the trophy system that is built into XenForo. You can earn points (Not D-Bucks) by doing various activities on Discussion Bucks.
  5. Earn more by redeeming trophy points for D-Bucks.
A Closer look:
1. I have a few things that I need to take a closer look at. One thing is has to do with articles. The Writer's Corner area needs to be looked at and maybe expanded. This section is specifically designed for our front page here at Discussion Bucks.Here is a quote from a member on FC.
I want you to really look into the articles section and streamline it well to help members express their creativity. Let the staff come together as a team and plot a pathway that would make article writing realistic for the site.
I need to fill in the blanks on the subject. Should the articles be a free for all that anyone can write? Do we have it so that anyone can read, review, correct your errors, ect?
2. Figure out a way to get members using our shop more.
3. It's necessary to review account upgrades and determine if enhancements can be made to increase their utilization.
4. Of course need to look at more ways to bring in new and fresh revenue.
5. Examine the user groups and permissions.
6. Hiring more staff.

I think I'll end this here. I would like to thank everyone for supporting Discussion Bucks. Please feel free to comment and ask questions.

Thanks,
Anthony!

Last edited:
@fords8, reading through your personal profile, I can't help but conclude that you are such an accomplished person. Some of us are aspiring to get to the level you have gotten to someday. Congrats as you take over ownership of Discussion Bucks. I am looking forward to working with you.

@fords8 . Thanks for sharing in details all about you. Happy to know about the new owner of the site and seeing your profile gives assurance that the site has been passed from one capable hand to other. We had a very pleasant journey and experience with @Devin . And I hope that the same would continue.
I am very much interested in writing articles. It would be good to have such opportunities here.
Wishing a very long and strong journey for Discussion Bucks. Happy to know that Devin will still be associated with us as Admin.

Hello Ford, I have known you through Forum Promotion and your forums for a long time. I am already member on most of your forums, and you have even helped me with my forum in the past. It is great to know your personal side.
Cheers

Just a heads up to everyone. These 2 (numbers 2 and 4) items are done now.
Job Marketplace will be moved into the Marketplace. This will allow us to streamline job postings by using thread prefixes for better organization..
Enable the trophy system that is built into XenForo. You can earn points (Not D-Bucks) by doing various activities on Discussion Bucks.
Numbers 1 and 5 are coming November 1, 2024
The current 7 posts and 3 threads per day at full pay rate will remain unchanged. But I have decided to move the daily earnings limit from 10% to 20%. You can create 7 posts and 3 threads per day at the full pay rate before your pay reverts to 25% 10% 20% of the regular earnings amount.
Earn more by redeeming trophy points for D-Bucks.
Not sure when number 3 will be done.

13,027Threads
98,025Messages
304Members
bhagvatprasadamLatest member