Old age and house help maids

Reaction score
D Bucks
💵8.592975
Referral Credit
As we grow old we find it difficult to do household work like sweeping, moping, doing the dishes and so on. We often hire maids or house help in India but these maids are sometimes very insincere and try to blackmail us or cheat us. This is what my maid has been doing of late. She is staying absent and sends a substitute. Now I have to pay extra. This time I have decided to minus the extra from her payment as my maid has started playing this game every month.

As we grow old we find it difficult to do household work like sweeping, moping, doing the dishes and so on. We often hire maids or house help in India but these maids are sometimes very insincere and try to blackmail us or cheat us. This is what my maid has been doing of late. She is staying absent and sends a substitute. Now I have to pay extra. This time I have decided to minus the extra from her payment as my maid has started playing this game every month.
Fire out that maid. Why not use a vacuum cleaner to clean so that you won't anymore hire a treacherous house maid? Or, pay her as a stay-out house maid.

Fire out that maid. Why not use a vacuum cleaner to clean so that you won't anymore hire a treacherous house maid? Or, pay her as a stay-out house maid.
I have a vaccum cleaner but carrying it upstairs and down stairs is very tiring. She comes as a per time maid- once in the morning and once in the evening. In the evening she just does the dishes. I shall have to find an alternative.

I have a vaccum cleaner but carrying it upstairs and down stairs is very tiring. She comes as a per time maid- once in the morning and once in the evening. In the evening she just does the dishes. I shall have to find an alternative.
That's a heavy thing. Why not hire a permanent house helper from an agency so that there's someone who could be with you all the time.

That's a heavy thing. Why not hire a permanent house helper from an agency so that there's someone who could be with you all the time.
There's no such agency here, I am searching for a permanent house helper as there's no fixed rate and these maids try to exploit the employer.

It is essential to look for another housekeeper, particularly if she is blackmailing you and your family. I hope you can find one that is dependable and sincere.
She has started being insincere because she wants to extract more money. I am in search of another maid.

We don't hire housemaids to help our elderly. We take care of our elderly. Our society is designed in such way we have extended families. We share responsibilities and we are proud of doing such tasks without payment. My grandmother is presently staying with my aunty and we take turn to visit and do chores for her.

There's no such agency here, I am searching for a permanent house helper as there's no fixed rate and these maids try to exploit the employer.
Nah, never allow them to exploit you .Who are they by the way they're only house maids. Require every applicant a Police Clearance and recommendation letter from the head of their community.

Nah, never allow them to exploit you .Who are they by the way they're only house maids. Require every applicant a Police Clearance and recommendation letter from the head of their community.
Had there been such rules in India these maids wouldn't have exploited us.The most pathetic condition is that they don't do their work properly even after being paid.
Post automatically merged:

We don't hire housemaids to help our elderly. We take care of our elderly. Our society is designed in such way we have extended families. We share responsibilities and we are proud of doing such tasks without payment. My grandmother is presently staying with my aunty and we take turn to visit and do chores for her.
Extended family is no more existing in India as most family members get scattered because of their jobs.

Had there been such rules in India these maids wouldn't have exploited us.The most pathetic condition is that they don't do their work properly even after being paid.
That's bad. Well, there are also bad helpers here. We dispatch our house helper. She was abusing. She ate all the food and stole people at home. I ordered her to leave or stay in jail for stealing my gold bracelet and earrings which she denied despite being caught.

13,083Threads
98,431Messages
304Members
dalibiLatest member